Thoughts on the 2018 BMC Teammachine?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rynogee

by rynogee

[/quote]

This might help you a bit https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/fileadm ... _DE_FR.pdf
[/quote]

thanks for that.

is it just me, or does anyone else think it's a weird choice to route the mechanical cable outside under the chain stay? I emailed BMC about it and they claimed it was for weight saving, which I'm not entirely sure I buy. I live somewhere super wet and dirty and it hardly seems ideal to have it outside the frame when they could've continued an internal run where the electronic cable goes (and where my current canyon cf slx also goes).

Conza

by Conza

ODC wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 pm
I also went to the disc side.
Couple of months ago i bought the 2018 slr01 rim brake version for some couple of reasons. Now that a lot of these reasons have been eliminated i have sold the red one and bought the black disc one.
My dealer has build it up as a frameset.

Groupset: Dura ace 9170 di2
Powermeter: shimano dura ace
Wheelset: Dura ace c40 Clinchers, i have would like to have the C60 wheelset in clincher version but they are not available untill march.

https://ibb.co/cFFquG
Noise. I am also thinking about the DA PM. Waiting for DC Rainmakers review. Also tempted by DA rotors... not sure if they need the brake calibpers as well to get the 30% benefits? :o
It's all about the adventure :o .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

ODC wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 pm
I also went to the disc side.
Couple of months ago i bought the 2018 slr01 rim brake version for some couple of reasons. Now that a lot of these reasons have been eliminated i have sold the red one and bought the black disc one.

Wheelset: Dura ace c40 Clinchers, i have would like to have the C60 wheelset in clincher version but they are not available untill march.

I am also waiting for my Shimano C60 R9170 clinchers... :| ...and also for my DA powermeter.... :|
I have for non of them any availability date....
Where are you based?

matvalse

by matvalse

ODC wrote:I also went to the disc side.

Nice bike! Weight?

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

niklasp

by niklasp

Can anyone share a picture of a roadmachine 02 two "in real life"? ( https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/us-en/b ... ne-02-two/ )
The three (the white one) looks very good irl, but the ultegra one is "more value" from my point ofview. Cant find any real pictures of how it looks though.
Kinda boring paint scheme but halv a kilo lighter.

Wont pay for the 01 series :D

TonyM

by TonyM

Here a white 2018 RoadMachine02 and a 2017 RoadMachine01 in white:
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Last edited by TonyM on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TonyM

by TonyM

And here my 2018 RoadMachine02 in neon red/green:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=148608

niklasp

by niklasp

Ive seenall those colors but thanks anyway :D
The "neon red" is very nice! Out of budget though. 02 three or two are the alternatives, but the black color may be too boring... But the ultegra bike is about half a kilo lighter with tubeless compatible wheels so thats the best buy.

cpark

by cpark

Ruben58 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:14 pm
Thoughts? New cockpit looks clean imo.
I agree with you.
I like the clean look of the cockpit, especially the placement of the junction box on the downtube. I was able to demo a SLR01 Disc Two and SLR02 Disc One, and I couldn’t really tell much difference between the two frames.
I thought they both rode really nicely, and slightly more comfy than my Cervelo S5.

I ended up pulling the trigger on a SLR02 Disc One for three reasons:

A] I couldn’t achieve the proper stack height due to the proprietary stem (-12.5 angle) with the size 56 SLR01.

B) I didn’t want any more red or black bikes, and I really liked the Mexico Blue color.

C) Since I would’ve have to replace a lot of parts to fit my needs- different handlebar, stem, saddle, crankset (different length), wheel set and tires, I didn’t want to spend over $10,000.

I ended up getting a fantastic deal as well, so I’m very happy with the purchase.

I did upgrade the shifter, brake and crankset to Dura Ace 9170 and replaced the wheel set with Nox Falkor 36D rims, White Industry CLD hubs with CX-Rays spokes.

The only thing I’m waiting for are the matching color Berk Lupina saddle (the yellow saddle and the decals didn’t match) and the zero offset seatpost.
Attachments
IMG_0083 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0065 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0092 - Copy.JPG

TonyM

by TonyM

Nice!
Like the blue colour!

ThunderJack07

by ThunderJack07

Does anyone know a web shop selling the di2 parts that goes with that frame? Especially the junction box cover, di2 RD dropout plug, BB cover and the battery seatpost adapter ? I just recieved my SLR01 three and swapped from mechanical to di2 ultegra but missing these few parts to Make It clean.. Thanks!
BMC Teammachine SLR01 - MY18 - 6.87kg
S-Works Venge Disc - MY21 - 7.07kg

PinaF8

by PinaF8

ThunderJack07 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:56 pm
Does anyone know a web shop selling the di2 parts that goes with that frame? Especially the junction box cover, di2 RD dropout plug, BB cover and the battery seatpost adapter ? I just recieved my SLR01 three and swapped from mechanical to di2 ultegra but missing these few parts to Make It clean.. Thanks!
Try to get in contact with BMC and ask for their retailers near you. They should be able to help sort you with your misssing parts.

Did you purchase your bike used?
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Here is my bad boy.

Love it!
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

Beancouter

by Beancouter

In the UK, Evans cycles are the sole distributors. I needed a zero offset seatpost and Di2 spares.

The Di2 part number is 301102.
Zero offset seatpost is 301143

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ThunderJack07

by ThunderJack07

PinaF8 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:13 pm
ThunderJack07 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:56 pm
Try to get in contact with BMC and ask for their retailers near you. They should be able to help sort you with your misssing parts.

Did you purchase your bike used?
No, I bought it new at my local shop and asked them to keep the mechanical parts I didn't need.
BMC Teammachine SLR01 - MY18 - 6.87kg
S-Works Venge Disc - MY21 - 7.07kg