Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:53 am
Posts: 41
Got a chance to demo-ride this bike last weekend. Admittedly, I wasn't really able to put it through it's paces, as it was a brief, flat jaunt, but certainly came away impressed.

Incredibly stiff, but comfortable ride and handles like a dream. Also, pics of this bike really don't do it justice. It's truly a thing of beauty up close.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 349
Location: Seattle, WA
I just wish you could get white with black trim instead of red :(

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Top
   
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:16 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:16 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 490
My experience is it's very comfy for a race bike thanks to the dropped seatstays and thin seatpost. However it felt a bit lazy up front compared to the bike I ultimately ended up with (new Emonda.) I guess the millimeters worth of wheelbase, the stack and .5deg slacker head angle add up?

I initially thought the BMC was going to be my next bike, but both the new Tarmac and Emonda were more lively and fun to ride.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 349
Location: Seattle, WA
contacted my local dealer and they said that you can only get the white/red frameset as a full bike (w/ eTap) and not frameset only... :roll:

BMC with the worst/most limited options ever

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Last edited by bilwit on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 6:55 pm
Posts: 6
I actually wanted the white frame too (not available as frameset only, bummer), but the team color is growing on me hard.

Probably wait for end of year discount (if any) or end up with a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX mechanical frameset if they have it later this year and on sale. If anyone knows how to get the 2018 teammachine SLR01 frame module on discount please let me know :thumbup:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 am
Posts: 46
TobinHatesYou wrote:
My experience is it's very comfy for a race bike thanks to the dropped seatstays and thin seatpost. However it felt a bit lazy up front compared to the bike I ultimately ended up with (new Emonda.) I guess the millimeters worth of wheelbase, the stack and .5deg slacker head angle add up?

I initially thought the BMC was going to be my next bike, but both the new Tarmac and Emonda were more lively and fun to ride.


Strange i found the new SLR01 more aggressive then the new Tarmac and even better then my Pinarello F8.
In my size 58, the stack is also 7mm lower with the slr01 compared with the new tarmac.

In my opinion the new SLR01 is a bike you must see in real life.
The massive down tube isn't really vissible on photos.
I have seen the red, black and white version in real life and the red team version stands out.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 349
Location: Seattle, WA
Found a local dealer that will take apart the white frame w/ eTap build and only sell me the frameset while also putting a CeramicSpeed BB on it for $4299.. I think I'll pull the trigger on that

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Last edited by bilwit on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 am
Posts: 46
bilwit wrote:
Found a local dealer that will take apart the white frame w/ eTap build and only sell me the frameset while also putting a CeramicSpeed BB on it for $4299.. I think I'll pull the trigge ron that

You know that on the top tube there is a special red colour? Not black and grey like with the team colour.
Just say it for you're safety!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 349
Location: Seattle, WA
ODC wrote:
bilwit wrote:
Found a local dealer that will take apart the white frame w/ eTap build and only sell me the frameset while also putting a CeramicSpeed BB on it for $4299.. I think I'll pull the trigge ron that

You know that on the top tube there is a special red colour? Not black and grey like with the team colour.
Just say it for you're safety!


Yeah, the red highlights are the only thing I don't like about it, would have preferred if those parts were black or the whole thing was white with the decals being black only but this is as close as it gets!

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 349
Location: Seattle, WA
Picked it up today

I'll make its own thread for this when I have it built, but I don't have a fancy camera.

Image

All the bits that came with it:
Frame Sz54+Fork+Seatpost+Bottom Bracket+Compression Plug 1.620kg
BMC Stem 110mm 163.7g (thinking about putting an Extralite Hyperstem on there instead.. would save 80g.. not sure if I want to risk the fork though)
Fork (uncut) 340g
Compression Plug 29.8g

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 am
Posts: 46
bilwit wrote:
Picked it up today


Did you're frameset came with the normal rear derailleur hanger or the new direct mount?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 349
Location: Seattle, WA
ODC wrote:
bilwit wrote:
Picked it up today


Did you're frameset came with the normal rear derailleur hanger or the new direct mount?


It came with both.. Because this was a non-standard sale, the LBS that took it apart for me gave me a bag with all the accessories including the electronic stuff that I don't need (including the spacers and mounts for the electronic-specific integrated stem which is completely different than the mechanical-specific stem I was provided) and both hangers were included.

Surprisingly, they forgot the chainstay cable guide attachment which turned into a two and a half week long email thread, a failed mail parcel, many phone calls, and an 84km bike ride to and from the bike shop to pick it up but that's another story :x

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 am
Posts: 46
bilwit wrote:
ODC wrote:
bilwit wrote:
Picked it up today


Did you're frameset came with the normal rear derailleur hanger or the new direct mount?


It came with both...


Oooh okay different storry then.
I had ordered the frameset because in the rim brake version there isn't a complete bike with di2 and it came with the normal hanger.
Because i want the direct hanger (especially well made for new shimano 9100 groupsets) my bikeshop is gonna contact BMC for the direct mount hanger.
Or maybe it came with it and they haven't looked well in the package.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1021
I love that BMC Teammachine!!


--> Is there enough space between the front tire (a 25mm tire, measuring actually 26-27mm) and the down tube so that you can use some clip-on fenders/ mudguards on a 2018 BMC Teammachine?

Like the SKS raceblades:
http://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/ ... o-black-2/
Image


Top
   
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:04 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Posts: 349
Location: Seattle, WA
TonyM wrote:
I love that BMC Teammachine!!


--> Is there enough space between the front tire (a 25mm tire, measuring actually 26-27mm) and the down tube so that you can use some clip-on fenders/ mudguards on a 2018 BMC Teammachine?

Like the SKS raceblades:
http://www.sks-germany.com/en/products/ ... o-black-2/


hmm hard to say, but I would imagine there would be just enough clearance. Here's the fit with the Raceblades with 23mm tire on 24mm wide FLO45s:

Image

_________________
BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018) | Rodriguez Rainier (2015)


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Thoughts on new Bianchi Aria 2018

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

mcflurry

15

4321

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:37 am

TonyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Any thoughts on the 2018 Trek emonda SLR rim brake version?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 ]

in Road

Windstopper

61

5019

Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:11 am

ClydesdaleChris View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) BMC teammachine slr 01 size

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 ]

in Road

dcngr

50

2519

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:26 am

PinaF8 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. BMC teammachine lower bearing spec?

in Road

xcnick

4

333

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 pm

xcnick View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team: which wheels ?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

TonyM

22

1633

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:37 pm

ODC View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], erik$, Google [Bot], MikeMoore, TobinHatesYou and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited