Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:59 am 

AndreLM wrote:
As far as I understood, this frame is probably not compatible with Campy discs.

Yeah, the bolt spacing on the fork would be wrong.

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:59 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:16 pm 

wingguy wrote:
AndreLM wrote:
As far as I understood, this frame is probably not compatible with Campy discs.

Yeah, the bolt spacing on the fork would be wrong.

As I mentioned above if you use a Campy 140 Rear Caliper on the Fork it should work with a 160mm Disc. That looks like what they are doing with the Shimano Caliper.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:40 pm 

I like the direction BMC has gone with this bike. It is a bit more aero than the last one, supposedly more comfortable yet better power transfer, and it looks very clean. Plus, it is an incredibly lightweight disc brake frame. If it truly improves on the great ride quality found on the last gen SLR01, then it will be an amazing bike. At $4500, it is still $1500 less than several frames that are about as good as an SLR. My perception is that this is going to be a great bike overall...

However, I am still brimming with excitement for a new Timemachine Road!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:18 pm 

Shrike wrote:
Looks class, modern aero lines all over. No flair, or Italian style cues - just pure business. My kinda frame.

That said, still think the Aeroad pips it if you're looking for this style of design.

I always think its ironic that US wheels are on a bike that can't be bought in the US. The only way to race on one is if you have SRAM neutral support vehicles follow behind you and you have a mechanical issue and need a neutral service bike...

I think the Time Machine is well priced. Compared to the "Italian taxed" bikes like the F10 or the Oltre, the price is cheaper. It matches the price of a Trek Madone 9, proven fastest bike out there. : )

I always thought BMC bikes were a thing of beauty -- they reminded me of a Swiss watch. Technical and complex but functional.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:36 am 

The previous iteration of the SLR01 was really very good. It should be interesting to see if the new rig refines some the weaknesses of the old one e.g. responsiveness! hahahahhahaha... relatively speaking, with deeper 50-60mm wheels it was sluggish off the mark, so the 'acceleration redefined' moniker was bullshit - it felt a bit muted with the ride isolating you from the road, it lacked that raw directness of a pure racing rig (think Evo or Oltre or TCR). But on all other fronts, it was just a fantastic rig, especially on the comfort front. It just did everything well.

Bianchi Oltre XR4 17' |BMC SLR01 16' |Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi-mod 12'| Ridley Helium SL 15' | Basso Diamante 15' | Bianchi Oltre XR2 14' | Scapin Dyseys S8 08' | Time ZXRS 13' | Giant TCR SL 12' | Ridley Noah 08' | Look 585 07' | Cervelo Soloist 08'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:51 am 

zappafile123 wrote:
The previous iteration of the SLR01 was really very good. It should be interesting to see if the new rig refines some the weaknesses of the old one e.g. responsiveness! hahahahhahaha... relatively speaking, with deeper 50-60mm wheels it was sluggish off the mark, so the 'acceleration redefined' moniker was bullshit - it felt a bit muted with the ride isolating you from the road, it lacked that raw directness of a pure racing rig (think Evo or Oltre or TCR). But on all other fronts, it was just a fantastic rig, especially on the comfort front. It just did everything well.

Thats probably why the 2018 SLR01 had very little change in the way of asthetics.. Some iprovements here and there but hardly a redesign.. Why ruin things with a redesign when you already have something that works, flawlessly

There is no other way of guarding oneself against flattery than by letting men understand that they will not offend you by speaking the truth; but when everyone can tell you the truth, you lose their respect.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:04 pm 

AndreLM wrote:
Also like the rim brake version, but it is not clear if one can route electronic shifting through the stem as the disc brake version.

Looks like rimbrake with ICS is the way
to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:07 pm 

ninjasloth wrote:
AndreLM wrote:
Also like the rim brake version, but it is not clear if one can route electronic shifting through the stem as the disc brake version.

Looks like rimbrake with ICS is the way
to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to. From the bikeradar article: "This SLR01 shares much of the evolution of the disc model, but has a direct mount brakes, widened seatstays and a clever dynamic cable stop at the top of the head tube. This entry point for the rear brake cable contains a mini ball joint, allowing the housing to pivot as the bars turn, and prevent it from cracking.

Nevertheless, intrested to see a better pic of the bikes useb by BMC in current races.