Colnago C60 Bottom Bracket Tool

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

markyboy

by markyboy

I am going to do the quick release as well :thumbup:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

markyboy wrote:
thebman wrote:
cloudnine wrote:I believe the tool comes in the box with the frameset, perhaps someone near you that has a V1-r or C60 can loan you one?

Mine did not come with it :(

Mine came with the tool but it does not even fit, i just tried it, not to remove it but just to see if its the right one.

What? The tool for the Threadfit cups does not fit? Got a pic of the tool and the TF cups on your bike?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

markyboy

by markyboy

just will not fit,this came in the box from colnago with all the other little bits in.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Willem

by Willem

Calnago wrote:It did come with the frameset at the very beginning of the run but then it became a special order item shortly after I believe.

Just received a new 2017 C60 frame in box, came with the tool in a bag with all the plugs, derailleur cable guide, etc.
I would advise the OP to go to his dealer where he purchased the bike and ask for it.
Good idea to re-install those like you did, on every new frame.

Willem

by Willem

markyboy wrote:just will not fit,this came in the box from colnago with all the other little bits in.

It fits, just use a little persuasion, a plastic mallet with a few light taps.

thebman

by thebman

Calnago wrote:In this thread the OP kind of made it sound like he had checked everything else. Live and learn.

Correct.. I did check the QR previously but only greased the contact point not the hinges. This time greasing the hinges did the trick. Thanks for the Campy QR recommendation, I actually have a set laying around here in the garage.

bigeddi

by bigeddi

ab01ns wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 9:21 pm
Where are you located. If you're in Toronto or that area, PM me as my shop has the tool, we can't loan it out but a bb install will be 40 in labour.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
5yrs late, but would you happen to still be at a bike shop with this tool?

ms6073

by ms6073

You should consider sourcing a CeramicSpeed T45 Colnago/T47 dual socket tool.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"