Wheels Manufacturing hanger or original Cervelo?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stueys

by Stueys

bikerjulio wrote:
my R5 needs fairly consistent hanger adjustment

I would suggest you replace that immediately with the Wheels version. You have a nasty accident waiting to happen at any time soon. These cheesy hangers don't like being "adjusted".

Yeah, good point, I probably should

Stueys

by Stueys

Shrike wrote:
Stueys wrote:Cervelo hangers are well known to have the strength of butter, I'm now the proud owner of a park hanger alignment tool purely as my R5 needs fairly consistent hanger adjustment. I'd be very tempted to try someone else's on the basis that it couldn't really fail to be an improvement.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard is it to adjust your hanger yourself? Wondering if I should get a tool and have a shot myself or not.. Chances of it being perfectly straight right after fitting probably isn't great I'm guessing..

This is your tool?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/park ... 7C546386UK

Need anything else to do the job?

Its very easy, you just need the alignment tool. If you want perfect shifting get one, it's a five minute job and you can dial the gears in perfectly when thing are straight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

totalcompactroad

by totalcompactroad

I'd agree with the Wheels Manufacturing being better than the OEM ones that come on bikes - The ones that Giant put on there bikes are like cheese