Colnago V2-R 2017

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spartan

by spartan

ok. here is a bmc happy.

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I think the last few posts kind of took this thread off topic with the "what's and what's not aero" arguement.

The seat post junction takes its cues from the Concept... and why the heck have I still not seen that Colnago specific stem + bar combo in real life nor for sale, ANYWHERE?
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nismosr

by nismosr

jimaizumi wrote:
The seat post junction takes its cues from the Concept... and why the heck have I still not seen that Colnago specific stem + bar combo in real life nor for sale, ANYWHERE?

If you are looking for the AD or matching paint scheme they are special order for $499 usd.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

nismosr

by nismosr

jimaizumi wrote:

Not only is it pretty unappealing to the eye but that bend looks pretty tight too. All the cables going into the frame in all sorts of places makes it looks pretty cluttered up front and definitely not solvable via a shrink wrap job..

Yeah, I think this a bit of a pass in my book

it's not that bad really.

Concept on the HT

De Rosa King XS on the DT

2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Nismosr: can you turn the bars completely so that they touch the top tube without any nasty stuff happening to the cable at the headtube?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

@Calnago, allow me to share the front cabling experience with my own Concept that has the same design.

So long as you do not criss cross a short front brake cable OVER the rear cable as in the "negative demonstration" shown in the photo below, you should not have any cable tangling issues. Even with this "wrong" setup, I can still do a full right steer with no issues. On the other hand, a full left turn causes the higher rear cable to tug the front brake cable, causing the front brake to close in and rub the front wheel. You will need a longer front brake cable for this criss cross setup.

Nismosr's front cabling is correct and super neat. I don't think both cables would touch each other with his cabling.
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Compare the Di2 Junction A setup with EPS

The cabling is still neat enough for me. Note: I have the sprinter and climber cables connected too, hence the busy whiskers coming out from Junction A box. I don't think you will get any more complex in the number of wires at the cockpit area.

I do not intend to shrink wrap the Di2 cable running parallel with the rear brake cable at the HT because I want to show more of the gold housing. Therefore in this setup, the challenges were trying to streamline the look of all the electronic cables (and believe me, I maxed out the ports for a road setup) and yet to show as much of the gold brake housing as possible.

Front profile is acceptable to me too. Shrink wrapping instead of cable wrapping the cables underneath the handlebar will no doubt improve the look. I may do that later

Last edited by Discoverspeed on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Thanks @Discoverspeed. It's not so much the "tangling" of cables I'd be concerned about so much as what happens if the bars do get turned all the way past where the cables will reach. Of course you would never do this while actually riding, but in the event of even a mild crash or transporting the bike in the back of a vehicle say, it's just not good build practice to have the possibility of cables being ripped out because they don't have enough reach to allow for the complete movement of the bars from full left to full right. So I was wondering if this setup allows for enough cable to allow for that. Thanks for the sharing of your experience.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Ah yes, I just tested a hard right steer and the rear brake cable is at a very acute angle. In fact I can't turn right beyond I guess 60 degrees as the rear brake cable was so compressed. May even damage that top rear cable hole if, as you mentioned, the bike was involved in any accidents.

Properly setup as suggested in my previous post, the hard left turn should not cause problems more than any conventional design.

Storck F.3 5.5kg

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

The new Art Decor scheme in black gold silver. IMHO, addition of silver seems to overcomplicate things.

Storck F.3 5.5kg

Delorre

by Delorre

My Scott has the exact same cable routing (SS evo also) and don't have any issues with complete left of right steering turn. I've had 2 crashes in the last 2 weeks :twisted: with some real damage to shifters (even the brake cable got cincked at the exit of the shifter) and various others parts, but the cable routing itself didn't cause any more damage. If cabled right, with stock liners and not cut too short, it should be really trouble free :thumbup:

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Yes I agree. Longer brake cables with the added attention of avoiding crossing the front brake cable over the rear brake cable will allow full steering.
Storck F.3 5.5kg

kgt

by kgt

I really cannot see why Colnago insists on this tribal like graphic design. It's so cheesy IMHO.

wwnick

by wwnick

kgt wrote:I really cannot see why Colnago insists on this tribal like graphic design. It's so cheesy IMHO.

i disagree, it goes perfectly with the black/gold gitano theme

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WinterRider

by WinterRider

kgt wrote:I really cannot see why Colnago insists on this tribal like graphic design. It's so cheesy IMHO.

Then you have your 'cheeze' designed frame locals w some computer program which essentially is just the maker's advertizing/calling card. Which one is a form of art is individual taste .. or lack of.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.