* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:25 am 

Hi guys!

New member to the forum, but a long time lurker :roll:

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice. Me & my brother ordered an 'ex-pro' Canyon Ultimate SLX from the Canyon website. The bike came built up with SR EPS, but I have stripped the frame as my brother will be building up something else with this. I'm building the bike up with SRAM Force instead to use for racing on, however it seems that the bike is missing some cable stops in the frame...the right side is fine, but the left entry is basically a big hole straight through into the frame:

http://imgur.com/a/1IdpW

I'm guessing there is some sort of stopper than can be fitted for the outer cable to slot into. Does anyone have any experience with this, or can offer any advice regarding parts needed to create a fix? I'm contacting Canyon but was hoping to be using the bike pretty soon...

The bike is missing the same from the rear mech cable exit, but I have created a temporary fix for that at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:25 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:57 pm 

The Canyon electric and mechanical frames are different, so you might have problems trying to use Force on an EPS-compatible frame.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:55 am 

eoj wrote:
Hi guys!

New member to the forum, but a long time lurker :roll:

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice. Me & my brother ordered an 'ex-pro' Canyon Ultimate SLX from the Canyon website. The bike came built up with SR EPS, but I have stripped the frame as my brother will be building up something else with this. I'm building the bike up with SRAM Force instead to use for racing on, however it seems that the bike is missing some cable stops in the frame...the right side is fine, but the left entry is basically a big hole straight through into the frame:

http://imgur.com/a/1IdpW

I'm guessing there is some sort of stopper than can be fitted for the outer cable to slot into. Does anyone have any experience with this, or can offer any advice regarding parts needed to create a fix? I'm contacting Canyon but was hoping to be using the bike pretty soon...

The bike is missing the same from the rear mech cable exit, but I have created a temporary fix for that at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

you selling the EPS?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:17 am 

outnumbered wrote:
The Canyon electric and mechanical frames are different, so you might have problems trying to use Force on an EPS-compatible frame.

I was worried that the frame would be the electronic model, but this is a mechanical frame that has been modified to fit EPS (drilled). It just seems that the one internal port has a plug missing. The other port had a rubber/glue substance plugging it up as it wasn't used for electronic.

Unfortunately the EPS isn't for sale!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:51 pm 

Do what I did and just go with etap.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:26 am 

Call or message Canyon. They are awesome about sending small parts. I've found the Canyon UK guys to be excellent.

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:26 am