Syncroshift not Working...Thoughts?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

merlin3008

by merlin3008

Has anyone else experienced this? I just setup a new Dura Ace 9150 ride - pictures to follow. Everything works great, except I can't get the syncroshift to function properly. I've updated all of the firmware and set both shift modes to syncroshift. It indicates that my setting are all successful.

When I shift the bike down the cassette, I get to the 13 and it stops. My understanding is that it should automatically shift to the big ring and go up a few cogs in the rear. I don't get any of that. Any thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

quango2k

by quango2k

you need to switch it on from the junction box. double tap it and the light will flash to indicate which shift mode its in. 2 flashes is semi, 3 for full. once you do that it should work perfectly.

fasdflkjweorinjs

by fasdflkjweorinjs

Have any of you got a Garmin Edge 510 and can you get it to give a warning beep whenever it's about to synchro shift? I can't figure out how to get this to work.

merlin3008

by merlin3008

quango2k wrote:you need to switch it on from the junction box. double tap it and the light will flash to indicate which shift mode its in. 2 flashes is semi, 3 for full. once you do that it should work perfectly.

That did it. Thanks! Works perfectly now. I'll test it out on the road and see if I like it.

quango2k

by quango2k

fasdflkjweorinjs wrote:Have any of you got a Garmin Edge 510 and can you get it to give a warning beep whenever it's about to synchro shift? I can't figure out how to get this to work.

i did have an 820 until recently and that worked without having to turn it on. have you updated firmware?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fasdflkjweorinjs

by fasdflkjweorinjs

quango2k wrote:
fasdflkjweorinjs wrote:Have any of you got a Garmin Edge 510 and can you get it to give a warning beep whenever it's about to synchro shift? I can't figure out how to get this to work.

i did have an 820 until recently and that worked without having to turn it on. have you updated firmware?

Yeah. I'm at 6.10 on the Garmin 510 and latest firmware on my di2 system.

As an aside, the bluetooth LE transmitter and the e-tube phone app are fantastic for upgrading di2 firmware.