Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:18 pm
Posts: 471
Hello,

I can't find installation instructions on the power2max Type S Campa 2015.
I installed the battery and chainrings. no problems.
I installed the crankarm on the drive side with the lockring and special tool. I mounted the lockring with the wide side on the crank. The top side is a bit smaller. Did I mount it correct?

After securing the crankarm to the spider I slided the bearing over the axl. The sealed side towards the spider. The bearing can't slide all the way down because the axl becomes slightly bigger on the end. This means that the bearing can't hit the lockring.

Question: Do I need the ring with one open side to secure the bearing. So that the bearing can't come up?

Question: Are there aspects that I need to take care of? I know the wavy washer must be in the non-drive side cup.

Thanks!

_________________
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... 11af34.jpg
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... 87f433.jpg


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 8:49 pm
Posts: 106
on a side note, my power2max was supplied with installation booklet. not only is it important for installation, but it has the calibration certificate sticker inside. you might want to track it down for the sake of the certificate


Top
   
Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:16 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 am
Posts: 351
Location: UK
poppiholla wrote:
Hello,

I can't find installation instructions on the power2max Type S Campa 2015.
I installed the battery and chainrings. no problems.
I installed the crankarm on the drive side with the lockring and special tool. I mounted the lockring with the wide side on the crank. The top side is a bit smaller. Did I mount it correct?


Yes, just make sure it is tight. Mine needed torquing back up after a while as it began working loose.

poppiholla wrote:
After securing the crankarm to the spider I slided the bearing over the axl. The sealed side towards the spider. The bearing can't slide all the way down because the axl becomes slightly bigger on the end. This means that the bearing can't hit the lockring.

Question: Do I need the ring with one open side to secure the bearing. So that the bearing can't come up?


Yes. You will need a bearing press tool like the Park CBP-2 or similar to press the bearing fully down onto the lockring. The 'ring with one open side' is the bearing retaining ring - you can see the groove cut into the spindle where this should sit.

poppiholla wrote:
Question: Are there aspects that I need to take care of? I know the wavy washer must be in the non-drive side cup.

Thanks!


The only other thing I can think of is that the small hole in the drive side crank makes it much easier to install the 'C' clip into the right hand BB cup. Just insert a small flat blade screwdriver and use it to push the ends of the clip into place by turning the crank slightly.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:18 pm
Posts: 471
Thanks for the information. Are you sure that I need a Parktool CBP-2 or CBP-8 tool? Power2max only mentions the special tool that you need for the lockring.
I mounted the lockring the correct way . After that I slided the bearing over the axle by hand (The sealed side towards the spider) until the bearing could not be pushed further.
After that I installed the clip that secures the bearing from sliding back. After that I mounted the crankset on my frame and everything seems ok. I made a test drive and no problems occured.

I think it is strange that there is no instruction on the P2M webside. I did not get any with my powermeter. So I can't believe that I should buy a expensive tool to mount the bearing.
I am a bit worried now that I did not mount the bearing correctly but everything seems ok.

?

_________________
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... 11af34.jpg
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... 87f433.jpg


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 8:04 pm
Posts: 3
https://www.power2max.de/europe/Produkt ... rettyPhoto

See the picture under "technische daten"


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:18 pm
Posts: 471
Thanks. I already found this picture.

_________________
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... 11af34.jpg
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... 87f433.jpg


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 am
Posts: 351
Location: UK
poppiholla wrote:
Thanks for the information. Are you sure that I need a Parktool CBP-2 or CBP-8 tool? Power2max only mentions the special tool that you need for the lockring.
I mounted the lockring the correct way . After that I slided the bearing over the axle by hand (The sealed side towards the spider) until the bearing could not be pushed further.
After that I installed the clip that secures the bearing from sliding back. After that I mounted the crankset on my frame and everything seems ok. I made a test drive and no problems occured.

I think it is strange that there is no instruction on the P2M webside. I did not get any with my powermeter. So I can't believe that I should buy a expensive tool to mount the bearing.
I am a bit worried now that I did not mount the bearing correctly but everything seems ok.

?


If you managed to press the bearing fully home and install the retaining clip correctly without the tool then all is good. Had this not been the case I doubt you'd have been able to fit the crankset to the bike. I needed the Park tool to fit the bearing in my case, but I already had one so I didn't have to buy it specially.


Top
   
Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:18 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:18 pm
Posts: 471
I think so to. I also asked power2max and they told me that normally you don't need a parktool CBP-2 or 8 to mount the bearing. It should be done by hand but if this is not working a tool comes in handy.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_________________
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... 11af34.jpg
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... 87f433.jpg


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Camapagnolo post 2015 compatible with pre 2015?

in Road

wilwil

6

939

Tue May 02, 2017 9:35 am

wilwil View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. best gps unit for power2max

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

dedobike

18

1009

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:59 am

TonyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Power2max vs powertap pedals? Help!!

in Road

TurboTommy

7

970

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:55 pm

TurboTommy View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Power2max vs Pioneer Ultegra

in Road

JBeauBikes2

9

850

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:22 am

RJKflyer View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. power2max power meter

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

bikeracer99

35

3201

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:12 am

PinaF8 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Attermann, Chris3g, FIJIGabe, gospastic, KLabs, Mtek and 47 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited