Need help on power2max Type S Campa 2015

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Hello,

I can't find installation instructions on the power2max Type S Campa 2015.
I installed the battery and chainrings. no problems.
I installed the crankarm on the drive side with the lockring and special tool. I mounted the lockring with the wide side on the crank. The top side is a bit smaller. Did I mount it correct?

After securing the crankarm to the spider I slided the bearing over the axl. The sealed side towards the spider. The bearing can't slide all the way down because the axl becomes slightly bigger on the end. This means that the bearing can't hit the lockring.

Question: Do I need the ring with one open side to secure the bearing. So that the bearing can't come up?

Question: Are there aspects that I need to take care of? I know the wavy washer must be in the non-drive side cup.

Thanks!
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

wwnick

by wwnick

on a side note, my power2max was supplied with installation booklet. not only is it important for installation, but it has the calibration certificate sticker inside. you might want to track it down for the sake of the certificate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

poppiholla wrote:Hello,

I can't find installation instructions on the power2max Type S Campa 2015.
I installed the battery and chainrings. no problems.
I installed the crankarm on the drive side with the lockring and special tool. I mounted the lockring with the wide side on the crank. The top side is a bit smaller. Did I mount it correct?

Yes, just make sure it is tight. Mine needed torquing back up after a while as it began working loose.

poppiholla wrote:After securing the crankarm to the spider I slided the bearing over the axl. The sealed side towards the spider. The bearing can't slide all the way down because the axl becomes slightly bigger on the end. This means that the bearing can't hit the lockring.

Question: Do I need the ring with one open side to secure the bearing. So that the bearing can't come up?

Yes. You will need a bearing press tool like the Park CBP-2 or similar to press the bearing fully down onto the lockring. The 'ring with one open side' is the bearing retaining ring - you can see the groove cut into the spindle where this should sit.

poppiholla wrote:Question: Are there aspects that I need to take care of? I know the wavy washer must be in the non-drive side cup.

Thanks!

The only other thing I can think of is that the small hole in the drive side crank makes it much easier to install the 'C' clip into the right hand BB cup. Just insert a small flat blade screwdriver and use it to push the ends of the clip into place by turning the crank slightly.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Thanks for the information. Are you sure that I need a Parktool CBP-2 or CBP-8 tool? Power2max only mentions the special tool that you need for the lockring.
I mounted the lockring the correct way . After that I slided the bearing over the axle by hand (The sealed side towards the spider) until the bearing could not be pushed further.
After that I installed the clip that secures the bearing from sliding back. After that I mounted the crankset on my frame and everything seems ok. I made a test drive and no problems occured.

I think it is strange that there is no instruction on the P2M webside. I did not get any with my powermeter. So I can't believe that I should buy a expensive tool to mount the bearing.
I am a bit worried now that I did not mount the bearing correctly but everything seems ok.

?

JensNL

by JensNL

https://www.power2max.de/europe/Produkt ... rettyPhoto

See the picture under "technische daten"

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Thanks. I already found this picture.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

poppiholla wrote:Thanks for the information. Are you sure that I need a Parktool CBP-2 or CBP-8 tool? Power2max only mentions the special tool that you need for the lockring.
I mounted the lockring the correct way . After that I slided the bearing over the axle by hand (The sealed side towards the spider) until the bearing could not be pushed further.
After that I installed the clip that secures the bearing from sliding back. After that I mounted the crankset on my frame and everything seems ok. I made a test drive and no problems occured.

I think it is strange that there is no instruction on the P2M webside. I did not get any with my powermeter. So I can't believe that I should buy a expensive tool to mount the bearing.
I am a bit worried now that I did not mount the bearing correctly but everything seems ok.

?

If you managed to press the bearing fully home and install the retaining clip correctly without the tool then all is good. Had this not been the case I doubt you'd have been able to fit the crankset to the bike. I needed the Park tool to fit the bearing in my case, but I already had one so I didn't have to buy it specially.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I think so to. I also asked power2max and they told me that normally you don't need a parktool CBP-2 or 8 to mount the bearing. It should be done by hand but if this is not working a tool comes in handy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk