CAAD12 Di2 help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gary71

by Gary71

Ok - I have a CAAD12 disc that I am finally rebuilding up with Di2 (I can't stand the long / tall hydraulic levers and I have run into a snag.
The Di2 wire ferral/connector won't fit through the rear hole in the chainstay. It's close but I'm afraid if I try and force it, it will get truely stuck and then I'm buggered.
Do I drill the rear chainstay hole out or do I try and trim the plastic surrounding the Di2 cable connector?
If I drill the existing hole and make it bigger, will that have a significant affect on the frames integrity (noting that this area is surrounded by the chainstay / seatstay welding).
I would be more than happy to hear from the more experienced in metalurgy and or have seen or dealt with this problem before.
I couldn't find anything in these forums that addressed this issue
Thanks in advance

Gary

Geraint

by Geraint

Weird problem. I had a CAAD12 disc with Di2 and it went together fine. Manufacturing tolerances I suppose...

I personally would use a small round file and just clean up the hole a bit, this will be safer than taking a drill to it and you won't need to remove much material.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gary71

by Gary71

Thanks Geraint
A round file on reflection is a way better (safer) option. I will hunt for one at my local hardware store.