Upgrading my Front end ( Handlebar, stem , expander

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jobvisser

by jobvisser

Im thinking about upgrading my current front end to a lighter combination . im riding a 2015 cannondale supersix evo non hi-mod (upgraded with the older sram red 10 speed group)

right now i have this
handlebar: Easton EA50 Ergo Road Bike 42cm ≈ 300g
stem : easton ea50 Stem (the really chunky one , kinda looks like a mtb stem from 20 years ago) ≈ 175g
Expander : cannondale/fsa SI (stock one) ≈ 50 g

What i think im gonna buy
Handlebar: I found a deal on a pair of second Pro vibe carbons from 2011 for €40 including shipping. ≈ 220g
stem: don't know yet but i think im gonna try a Kalloy UNO with titanium bolts ≈ 115g ?
expander: The new cannondale expander . ≈ 12g

suggestions ?
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Kalloy stem is sound, looks well on a six if you strip the graphics.

Cannondale SI expander is grand, a bit fragile. I recommend setting up with your old cap then replacing the cap. Too easy to strip the head of the light one getting decent preload.

If you like an ergo bar, you'd do worse than a KCNC SC Force. I use one on my CAAD, cheap enough and solid enough. My six has a fizik Cyrano snake r1, nice deep bars, but pricey and not as stiff. Weight pretty much the same. I use the CAAD to race, the six for pleasure, so my choices reflect this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r33prman

by r33prman

EE cycleworks expander. Running one on my caad12. Its great, light and comes with free motivation.