Style Police / Emotional Advice Needed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

L3X

by L3X

JackRussellRacing wrote:So...

1) ride with a single water bottle, keep my tools in the second bottle, HTFU, and just stop to refill. With 200 miles on the agenda, pace will be moderate anyway.
2) fit the saddle bag, carry 2 wet bottles, and just don't post any pictures on WW or Strava.

Help!

Go for 2 and post on WW / Strava anyway - nothing to be ashamed about. And seriously, how can you be worried about a saddlebag while running those bottles and those black valve covers? 8)

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

wpccrunner wrote:Please HTFU then report back after the ride about your experience with minimal hydration. :roll:

HTFU is all about racing not minimal hydration. Minimal hydration is plain stupid and only take a toll on your well-being and slow you down. On this note, many of you being vocal about HTFU and ride in cool temperatures without knee warmers. That's not brave, that's also stupid.
Last edited by mpulsiv on Tue May 16, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dj97223

by dj97223

I'm reminded of Clint Eastwood's character in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, when he was getting ready to stumble across the desert without water. Now, what did Eli Wallach's character say to him? (hint, it's in my tag line below)
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

totalcompactroad

by totalcompactroad

I'd rather be hydrated

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I can't believe there are 3 pages on this damn post...
When fashion takes over. Ugh.

Saddle bag
2 bottles
Keep your jersey pockets light - your back will thank you in the final quarter of that ride.

joejack951

by joejack951

L3X wrote:
JackRussellRacing wrote:So...

1) ride with a single water bottle, keep my tools in the second bottle, HTFU, and just stop to refill. With 200 miles on the agenda, pace will be moderate anyway.
2) fit the saddle bag, carry 2 wet bottles, and just don't post any pictures on WW or Strava.

Help!

Go for 2 and post on WW / Strava anyway - nothing to be ashamed about. And seriously, how can you be worried about a saddlebag while running those bottles and those black valve covers? 8)

I have so far abstained from commenting on that stack of spacers below (and above!) the stem, but I can't refrain any more. Do something about THAT (and those useless valve covers) before worrying about a saddle bag, puh-lease :D

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Ride your bike how it and you need to ride it on the day in question,, and stuff what the fashionistas say..
Official cafe stop tester

BRM

by BRM

For Emotional support & Style advice you best visit >>

:snip:

:wink:
Last edited by Frankie - B on Fri May 19, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stueys

by Stueys

I feel your pain, I hate saddle bags as well and will always use a second bottle as a holder where I can. Personally I think the recommended amounts to drink are nuts, I couldn't force that much down. I'm fine on 60-70 miles at a brisk pace with 750ml of drink. That's at 15-20 degrees c though, all best are off for me once it gets closer to 30 degrees when I start to need a lot more liquid.

For that ride I would personally run a saddle bag. Having two bottles means you aren't going to need to stop at every rest stop which is much better.

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

handlebar rotated way up
spacer tower
uncut steerer
valve cap

I guess you have to draw the line at saddlebag

dj97223

by dj97223

"Does this saddlebag make my butt look big?"
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

basilic

by basilic

BRM wrote:For Emotional support & Style advice you best visit >>

:snip:

:wink:

I'm not sure what to think of this forum.
Moderators ban any talk of doping - egads!
Homophobic comments are tolerated.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Fri May 19, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: They are not! it would have helped if you, or some one else would have earmarked this post by clicking on the exclamation mark. this way it won't slip from our attention.

BRM

by BRM

It's not meant homofobic, you [beep] . . .

:roll:
Last edited by Frankie - B on Fri May 19, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited, BRM warned.

BRM

by BRM

With the right shorts you perfectly can move away attention, noone will look to your saddlebag or bidons. :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joejack951

by joejack951

Stueys wrote:I feel your pain, I hate saddle bags as well and will always use a second bottle as a holder where I can. Personally I think the recommended amounts to drink are nuts, I couldn't force that much down. I'm fine on 60-70 miles at a brisk pace with 750ml of drink. That's at 15-20 degrees c though, all best are off for me once it gets closer to 30 degrees when I start to need a lot more liquid.

For that ride I would personally run a saddle bag. Having two bottles means you aren't going to need to stop at every rest stop which is much better.

He has mentioned NC (North Carolina) and 84°F (29°C). More than likely, it will be humid because it is always humid in NC which means it will feel closer to 90°F (32°C).