derailleur for 10spd campag

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

so, I'd be brief.

I'd build up a bike with 10spd parts, due to the low cost of 10spd cassettes-chains (and availability of 13-26 ratios)

I'd definitely pick new 10spd veloce shifters, due to the lever shape&eps style buttons, but I'm torn what rear derailleur shall I choose. According to official recommendations, these new power shift levers should not be mixed with older 10spd components (eg.: older record-chorus from 2008). Should I just stick to the official recommendations, or can I combine the new levers with old chorus rear derailleur?

thanks in advance for the input. :welcome:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I believe it would work in terms of actuation ratios, but the major difference is in the spring tension.

I have a current Veloce 10-spd setup, which works excellently. It is surprisingly good. My advice, and because Veloce stuff is so reasonably priced, is to go with the matching RD.

There is also a 13-29 if you want. And there was an excellent 12-30 in Centaur which you may find around. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/campagnolo-centaur-10-speed-road-cassette/rp-prod89134?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-CA-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE-Shopping+QLB+Product&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|s28JFwVLp_dc|pcrid|55959038492|pkw||pmt||prd|468398CA
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I use miche cassettes as there infinate options. Got a 16-29T on one of my 10 speed campag bikes. Veloce 10 speed works very well.

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

Thanks. I have 12/25 and 13/26 as well. I live in a am

Flat area, so the finer the better, that is why i mainly choose 13/26.

Moderator Note: Ebay link deleted. Please read the rules.