New chain ring recommendations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bpe

by bpe

I am upgrading my road bike by adding a powermeter and upgrading to the new Dura Ace R9150. With the new power meter (either Quarq DZero or Rotor 2INPower), I have the opportunity to change my chain rings. My understanding is that Rotor is not compatible with 4 bolt chain rings while Quarq can do 4 or 5 bolt. I want to keep it as a full compact 50x34. Does anybody have any recommendations for chain rings that are optimal for either power meter? I would like to minimize the weight gain of my upgrades, but not sacrifice shifting performance.
Thanks!

Brian

Shrike

by Shrike

If you go Rotor Q rings then you will lose some shifting performance. I've got mine setup nicely right now (finally) but I'm sure I'll still get the occasional dropped chain. Rotor No Q shifts fine though.

If you want really nice shifting and super stylish stealth looks then maybe Quark Dzero with SRAM Red eTap graphics rings (missus had them for a while - looked class, shifted beautifully).

But that's SRAM/Shimano, you'd maybe not be into that.

Why not go for the Dura Ace power meter and rings? Too pricey?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jrobart

by jrobart

You could also go with the Quarq DFour and stick with DA rings, which is what I just did. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |