Full Bike weight different from the website.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bryrene

by bryrene

I just bought Storck Fascenario F.3 Platinum.
My total bike weight is 7.1kg which is one kilo more heavier than advertise.

As Advertise components:
Stock F3 (Size S) with Seat Post: 1,235gm
Zipp 303 NSW: 1,425gm
Ultegra Groupset: 2,274gm
Storck HandleBar: 180gm
Storck Stem: 120gm
Selle Italia SLR Saddle: 185gm
Ultegra Pedal: 260gm
Conti 4Ks2: 430gm
Elite Bottle Cage x2: 50gm
Total: 6.2Kg

I have not include bar tape, cables, nut & bolts. However, I dont think they will add up to a kilo.

Is there something missing that push the bike weight up?

I bought my bike from LBS where they forget to weight each component. I could only get the total weight.

Have anyone of you experience weight difference as advertise? or Could Storck use a different carbon material which is not as advertised.

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Take the weights that you've got and start filling out the standard weight weenies component list: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=121335. Without questioning the weights you've provided, I've marked some of the missing ones. Just those could add up to 400-500g.

Frame
Fork
hanger
Headset
seatpost clamp
Seatpost
Seat
Stem
Bar
Bartape
bottle cages and hardware
Outer Cables
Inner Cables

Brakes
Front derailleur
Rear derailleur
Crankset
Bottom Bracket
Chainrings
Chainring bolts
Chain
Shifters
Cassette
Wheels:
hubs
Spokes
Rims
Inntertubes
Tires
Pedals
Polar/garmin/computer mounts
Tape/glue

liam7020

by liam7020

Would be reasonably sure that the bars, stem, pedals, tyres and bottle cages are all under estimations.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

BRM

by BRM

what you mean as advertised?
where was that? link?

Mep

by Mep

You really shouldn't be estimating the full bike weight just from the listed components.

bryrene

by bryrene

FilmAt11 wrote:Take the weights that you've got and start filling out the standard weight weenies component list: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=121335. Without questioning the weights you've provided, I've marked some of the missing ones. Just those could add up to 400-500g.

Frame
Fork
hanger
Headset
seatpost clamp
Seatpost
Seat
Stem
Bar
Bartape
bottle cages and hardware
Outer Cables
Inner Cables

Brakes
Front derailleur
Rear derailleur
Crankset
Bottom Bracket
Chainrings
Chainring bolts
Chain
Shifters
Cassette
Wheels:
hubs
Spokes
Rims
Inntertubes
Tires
Pedals
Polar/garmin/computer mounts
Tape/glue

wow.. honestly, I didnt know that it could weight that much.

bryrene

by bryrene

BRM wrote:what you mean as advertised?
where was that? link?

The weight that I insert was from the website which they published.

Shimano groupset from Shimano website.
Zipp wheelset from zipp website.
Bike frame also from the StorckWorld.com

bryrene

by bryrene

Mep wrote:You really shouldn't be estimating the full bike weight just from the listed components.

Hi Mep,

I did not estimate. I measured my bike with a full bike scale compare to what it is written in their respective website.

I am confuse why does it weight a kilo more than what it is publish from manufaturer webpage.

sungjinmo

by sungjinmo

There must be a little differences in weght, but 1,000g is gone too far...

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Mep isn't saying the bike weight is false just that the listed weights of components aren't really reliable.

As has been said before there is a bit you've left out in your calculations;

Bottom Bracket
Cables
Frame hardware such as hangers
Expander plug
Spacers
Seatpost collar
Inner Tubes
Valve Extenders if you're using them
Bar Tape
Skewers
Rim Tape
What size cassette? If you're using an 11-28 it will be heavier than the listed weights

The only real way you can know is to disassemble and weigh each component. It's also not heavier than advertised as the package was never advertised as weighing 6.2kg, you've just taken a selection of advertised weights and added them together, not even all the weights you should.

leicaman

by leicaman

I'm not sure where you are getting this advertised weight of 6.2kg. I can't see Storck advertising that weight on their website or their downloadable PDF catalogue. Do you have a link to it?

I'd say your bike with ultegra and wheels over 1400g sounds about right at 7.1kg.

silvalis

by silvalis

It looks like OP grabbed the listed weights of the parts then tallied them up to 6.2kg.
Chasse patate

bryrene

by bryrene

leicaman wrote:I'm not sure where you are getting this advertised weight of 6.2kg. I can't see Storck advertising that weight on their website or their downloadable PDF catalogue. Do you have a link to it?

I'd say your bike with ultegra and wheels over 1400g sounds about right at 7.1kg.

Sorry for my english. they did not advertise as 6.2kg. What I did was getting the weight from each components from their original manufacturer webpage.

When I bought this bike, my LBS just assembly it without me knowing the individual weight as I am trying to find out my Frame & Fork weight.
Later did I know that my total bike weight is 7.1kg while if I compile each weight from their Storck, Zipp, Shimano Webpage it only hit 6.2kg for the full bike. Yes I understand I did not include Bar Tape, Cable, Space, Bolt and etc. Will that make a kilo difference?

Right now, I will need to pay and to ask them to weight each parts.

Here is the link to Storck Fascenario Frame and Fork Weight.
http://storckworld.com/road-bikes/allro ... atinum-g1/
It is written "WEIGHT: FRAME FROM 770 G, FASCENARIO.3 PLATINUM FORK FROM 330 G, FRAME SET FROM 1100 G"

Let say 10% variances in frame and fork, it will be 1210g and to add up every components: Groupset, wheelset, Handle Bar and etc... It still weight more than the publish weight.

bryrene

by bryrene

Fixie82 wrote:Mep isn't saying the bike weight is false just that the listed weights of components aren't really reliable.

As has been said before there is a bit you've left out in your calculations;

Bottom Bracket
Cables
Frame hardware such as hangers
Expander plug
Spacers
Seatpost collar
Inner Tubes
Valve Extenders if you're using them
Bar Tape
Skewers
Rim Tape
What size cassette? If you're using an 11-28 it will be heavier than the listed weights

The only real way you can know is to disassemble and weigh each component. It's also not heavier than advertised as the package was never advertised as weighing 6.2kg, you've just taken a selection of advertised weights and added them together, not even all the weights you should.

The LBS will charge me extra if I disassemble it again. :(
Yes, I am running 11-28T. I assume even so it will not weight more than 300G compare to 11-25T.

What I would like to find out is my frame weight and fork?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moonoi

by moonoi

And the only way to find out your frame weight and fork is as everyone else has told you. You need to dissemble it and weight it, there is no other way to find it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk