problem solved! thank you!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Hello,
just viewed a used cannondale super six evo himod 2013-model with little dubious origin (edit: of course its safe that its not stolen, but there is no receipt, seller got it for a special price, due to "connections" to cd...). i was very surprised about tire clearance. ca 3-4 mm on each side, with conti 25 mm. i often read, that conti 25 mm hardly can be used with this frame, because of a lack of tire clearance.
could this probably be an indication for a china-fake frame?
are there any other indications for recognizing a china-fake-cannodale?
thanks for short info, regards
Last edited by reedplayer on Fri May 12, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

So many things wrong here but hey let's play this straight-faced why not?

What rims were the so-called Conti 25mm mounted on?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Mavic Ksyrium elite with Continental Grand Prix 4000s 25 mm clincher.

jih

by jih

Why consider a bike of dubious origin? Might it be stolen? In which case definitely do not support the bike thieves, real or fake.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Dubious may be the wrong expression-there is no purchase receipt, seller sais she got it for a special price, but of course its safe that bike is not stolen, and if it should be a fake-frame, seller is not aware of that.
but back to topic: are there any indications for recognizing a cannondale super six evo china-fake-frame?
thank you,

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Hello,
just received a picture of a friend documenting the tire-situation at the chainstays of his super six evo 2013. looks exactly identical to the frame i viewed today. so i suppose, everything alright with it, no china fake. problem solved.
sorry, regards

evan326

by evan326

Cool story

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I have a 2013 Supersix Hi-mod and there's 2-3 mm each side with GP4000s. 25mm Schwalbe One Tubless on a 24mm wide rim don't fit.
23mm (measure 25mm) Vittoria Corsa tubless on 22mm wide rims fit with a couple of mm each side.

There were a lot of older Supersix frames being sold very cheap in the U.K. Over the last few years.
The Hi-mod SRAM Red bike I picked up for £1800 down from £5000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reedplayer

by reedplayer

H,
yes, thats sounds very similar to what seller told me: frameset is although from the 2013-red-modell (nice paintjob!), and she paid much less than the 5000.- euro-list-price for the fully-equipped bike.
btw: how much may the 2013-evo-himod-frameset, in very good condition, cost? (she didnt use it a lot, because of geometry, which didnt fit)
thanks for short info, regards,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com