Light weight seat post collar?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stockae92

by stockae92

I am wondering which Light weight seat post collar would you guys recommend?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trimenc

by trimenc

Tune

BRM

by BRM

At least you can tell for what?
What are your expectations and requirements?
What material you prefer?
What is the height you're looking for?

Be a bit more specific, without any reference it will become a nonsense topic, imo.

AlphaDogCycling

by AlphaDogCycling

Adding to this: 31.8mm diameter; navy blue (as close to the Chris King Navy as possible); durable; for a Merlin Ti bike. Height isn't really an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Several people have had those yuniper/mt zoom/ax lightness ones snap out of the blue while riding. In terms of alloy the tune ones as recommended or the carbon-ti are light and great. I have used a carbon ti for years with reg travel and seatpost adjustments without issue and it looks great and colours are beautiful
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

garjo

by garjo

I have a Yuniper, it's ok and with a great light weight but I swapped the original ergal screw bolt, which was too frail, with one in titanium
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

csf

by csf

I have carbon/Ti from eBay, no complains and weight is 5g

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Contact Martin at MCFK and get a custom one from him nicest seat post clamp ever made

AlphaDogCycling

by AlphaDogCycling

Has anybody seen the ControlTech Timania seatpost clamp? While not Chris King Navy, the natural Ti would match my Merlin nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stockae92

by stockae92

csf wrote:I have carbon/Ti from eBay, no complains and weight is 5g

on ebay, they are cheaper than that just replacing the bolt on my seat collar :p

tommasini

by tommasini

Digging up an old thread as I wanted to share my recent experiance with a carbon seat collar purchase. I had a unique seat tube that is machined to only accept about an 11.5mm tall clamp (for the portion actually clamping the frame)......and most are taller than that. I inquired around and got the best feedback from Piotr of Smud (from Poland) and Damià from Darimo (Spain). Both have similar collars (4 and 5 grams each) and both would build to the height I wanted.

The only major difference (besides 1 gram) was that the Darimo clamp would normally be finished with a resin that results in a matt carbon finish and the resin used in the Smud normally results in the gloss finish that I prefered. Damià actually voluntered to try to take a shot at trying to give me gloss.....but for two custom sized clamps I didn't think it would be good for either of us to hope it would work to his/my liking.

Also, both Damià at Darimo and Piotr at Smud were quick and easy to communicate with - very positive experiance with both.

So my 2 Smud clamps came this week - I am putting them on two of my Tommasini VLC carbon frames this weekend. Have a look - Nice work Piotr!!
Attachments
IMG_0699.jpg
IMG_0702.jpg
11 partial build.jpg

nickf

by nickf

Just put one of these on my supersix. Great weight and price.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Have have a smud clamp for my evo for years. The quality is incredible. Waaaaaayyyyyy better than the mcfk clamp i had prior( which broke and caused a small crack in the seattube). No doubt the darimo woukd be great too, i have a t2 seatpost which is excellent.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com