CAAD12 Disc Fram + New Campy Disc = Compatible?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

For those of you on Linkedin - Joshua Riddle - Campy Global Press Manager who is quoted in a lot of the press on Disc Brakes can be contacted through Inmail if you would like to help lobby for Post Mount.

Francois_Viviers

by Francois_Viviers

This is a dealbreaker for me. Have been running all manner of substandard solutions on my disc bike waiting for Campag to release these. Now both DA and H11 is flat mount only....

to say I am upset is an understatement. I will give this situation 3 months, if no solution I will switch all 4 of my SR bikes to Red. I find it ridiculous that a frame I bought only last year, Synapse Hi-Mod, is now obsolete going forward. The cycling industry is losing the plot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NewYorkNick

by NewYorkNick

Francois_Viviers wrote:This is a dealbreaker for me. Have been running all manner of substandard solutions on my disc bike waiting for Campag to release these. Now both DA and H11 is flat mount only....

to say I am upset is an understatement. I will give this situation 3 months, if no solution I will switch all 4 of my SR bikes to Red. I find it ridiculous that a frame I bought only last year, Synapse Hi-Mod, is now obsolete going forward. The cycling industry is losing the plot.

I feel similarly. I'm not sure who I'm more annoyed with: Cannondale for offering a frame and fork with two competing standards, or the component manufacturers who are condemning literally every frame and fork not made in the last year or so. I think I'll write a couple emails today and troll Shimano & Campy on facebook to see if I can pressure them into addressing this issue. Join me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jlok

by jlok

Francois_Viviers wrote:This is a dealbreaker for me. Have been running all manner of substandard solutions on my disc bike waiting for Campag to release these. Now both DA and H11 is flat mount only....

synapse is an old design...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

NewYorkNick

by NewYorkNick

jlok wrote:

synapse is an old design...

That's not the point. It's not that old of a design. The 2016 synapse has post mounts, as do many other frames and forks from that year. It's ridiculous for these component companies to turn their backs on so many potential clients. For years there was little keeping people from having the same frame for years and years and upgrading parts along the way. Now it seems impossible.

Anyway, I've read that HopeTech is making road disc calipers compatible with Shimano hydro shifters, in both post & flat mount.

Not an ideal solution but also could be cool to trick out the bike with some funky calipers (they come in 6 colors apparently). Any lead on prices for these Hope guys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk