Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:00 pm 

For those of you on Linkedin - Joshua Riddle - Campy Global Press Manager who is quoted in a lot of the press on Disc Brakes can be contacted through Inmail if you would like to help lobby for Post Mount.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:50 am 

This is a dealbreaker for me. Have been running all manner of substandard solutions on my disc bike waiting for Campag to release these. Now both DA and H11 is flat mount only....

to say I am upset is an understatement. I will give this situation 3 months, if no solution I will switch all 4 of my SR bikes to Red. I find it ridiculous that a frame I bought only last year, Synapse Hi-Mod, is now obsolete going forward. The cycling industry is losing the plot.

Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:50 am 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:19 pm 

Francois_Viviers wrote:
This is a dealbreaker for me. Have been running all manner of substandard solutions on my disc bike waiting for Campag to release these. Now both DA and H11 is flat mount only....

to say I am upset is an understatement. I will give this situation 3 months, if no solution I will switch all 4 of my SR bikes to Red. I find it ridiculous that a frame I bought only last year, Synapse Hi-Mod, is now obsolete going forward. The cycling industry is losing the plot.

I feel similarly. I'm not sure who I'm more annoyed with: Cannondale for offering a frame and fork with two competing standards, or the component manufacturers who are condemning literally every frame and fork not made in the last year or so. I think I'll write a couple emails today and troll Shimano & Campy on facebook to see if I can pressure them into addressing this issue. Join me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:59 pm 

Francois_Viviers wrote:

synapse is an old design...

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:17 pm 

jlok wrote:
Francois_Viviers wrote:

synapse is an old design...

That's not the point. It's not that old of a design. The 2016 synapse has post mounts, as do many other frames and forks from that year. It's ridiculous for these component companies to turn their backs on so many potential clients. For years there was little keeping people from having the same frame for years and years and upgrading parts along the way. Now it seems impossible.

Anyway, I've read that HopeTech is making road disc calipers compatible with Shimano hydro shifters, in both post & flat mount.

Not an ideal solution but also could be cool to trick out the bike with some funky calipers (they come in 6 colors apparently). Any lead on prices for these Hope guys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk