Record EPS shifters on Chorus EPS interface

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

userfriendly

by userfriendly

Thanks. I'm actually changing plans slightly in terms of what to do with it first if it works. Once I've tested the adapters I'm going to get a v3 power unit and interface and run them with Athena/Chorus shifters and derailleurs on my Cinelli. That would only be an outlay of 400 quid

H11 EPS levers will be about a grand (including the calipers I won't be able to use), plus the actual post mount calipers, so for that I'm going to wait until it's clear a) that Campagnolo really won't release a post mount version and b) which calipers can be used instead.
Cinelli Saetta 6.5kg - nice and dry weather
Reilly T325 7.3kg - nice weather but windy
Spa Audax 9.1kg - all weather steel beauty
Pinnacle Dolomite 7.9kg - flat-pedal chainguard thing
M∆SON Definition 8.5kg - off-road ... thing

Miller

by Miller

@userfriendly, great research!

If you get a couple of extension cables will they be the red plug type for the cable between interface unit and the power unit? I wonder if a Record interface unit will play nicely with a Chorus/Athena PU, or vice versa...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

userfriendly

by userfriendly

I could be wrong, but I think that the connection between interface and power unit is digital, rather than analogue as to the shifters (switches) and derailleurs (step motors). I'll try it, but I somehow doubt it will work (although not ruling out that it just might). Also, I will only be able to test a v3 Record interface with v2 Chorus power unit, as I'm not planning to buy v2 Record hardware.

The extension sets have the red plugs (interface/ power unit) and green and yellow for the derailleurs. Adding the cables from the interfaces that I brutally slaughtered to that, and I should have just enough connectors to make adapters for both the v3 upgrade for the Cinelli and the H11 upgrade for the Mason.
Last edited by userfriendly on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

userfriendly

by userfriendly

Just to add, they did move the charging port to the interface in v3, so I would actually be quite surprised if the connection between interface and power unit didn't change also.

If someone is willing to lend or donate a v2 Record interface and/or power unit, I'll be happy to test v2 with v2, of course.

saverin

by saverin

Just posted about making adapters for using Chorus shifters with a V3 interface and battery in the other thread about mixing Chorus and Record EPS parts: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=145922&p=1340056#p1340056