Cervelo R5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

zappafile123

by zappafile123

MRM wrote:Remember matte celeste might be quite hard to keep clean. It certainly looks lovely and is perfect for a Bianchi.

Its really not that hard. Alcohol or mr. sheen works just fine.

I'd be guessing the price will be around $5000aud for a frameset. The geometry is more aggressive than the S5 - its going to be closer to something like an Izalco Max I think. The S5 is by no means aggressive.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

First win on the new R5 today in the Giro by Fraile

rideintospace

by rideintospace

Last edited by rideintospace on Thu May 18, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I'll be building one up and selling off my R3D.

Sub 6kg R5 build and my sub 7kg S5 will do me nicely ;)
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I really like the frame shape. Now we'll just wait and see what paint and pricing looks like! Both are areas I'm prepared to be let down...

Shrike

by Shrike

rideintospace wrote:It sounds as though the new frame may not be as light as previous models, but will have similar stiffness:weight to the RCa. I heard 810g for a size 56 frame, with stack sitting somewhere between the current S5 and R5, and handling qualities (i.e. trail) identical across all frame sizes. Shipping 2nd week in June with different color ways depending on the spec. Not sure which color will go with which groupset though. All via a second party, I have not seen the info first hand from Cervelo.

Disappointed about the weight if true, but also glad it's not some super light marvel. It would have just tempted me into building a climbing bike which lets face it, I don't really need :lol: Still interested in seeing what they've done with it in terms of aerodynamics and how it rivals the S5 in that respect.

ichobi

by ichobi

Was lucky enough to be invited to the launch event. 21-22 May during Giro 3rd rest day. Will let you know how it rides.

Shrike

by Shrike

Nice one ichobi, looking forward to that. Have fun :P

wingguy

by wingguy

rideintospace wrote:All via a second party, I have not seen the info first hand from Cervelo.

Unless the 2nd party is from Dimension Data I doubt anyone who doesn't work for Cervelo or Derby Cycles has reliable knowledge at this point. Fun to speculate though!

(I'd be very disappointed if the new R5 wasn't closer to RCA weight than current R5 weight....)

wingguy

by wingguy

ichobi wrote:Was lucky enough to be invited to the launch event. 21-22 May during Giro 3rd rest day. Will let you know how it rides.

You bastard! :lol:

Congrats dude, take lots of photos and tell us all about it please! :beerchug:

uraqt

by uraqt

About the only way Cervelo could sell if it's weight is that much is....it is that it's the same weight as the last R5 but that includes the seatpost. Even that is hard to sell as I would guess that most R5 owners are on extra light posts already.

C

PS also I think 810 for a 56 is heavy for current R5, they might be racing a R3 painted as an R5. or it's just not optimized yet..

ichobi

by ichobi

I hope they dont put on late NDA! Will be live posting here during the presentation, if i can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrike

by Shrike

Anything yet ichobi? :P

rideintospace

by rideintospace

Dimension data IG just deleted a photo of a fluo yellow and black R5 and another R series bike with discs and a different colorway

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

And the screenshot is where! :P

Good news though, means somethings happening at the moment.. one hopes!

Did it look something like this, which is what I think the next paint schemes are for the S and R 5's.