New Tacx Flux or a Second Hand Kickr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AZR3

by AZR3

Thanks for all the replies, just have to narrow down which one works for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Happy with my Neo (4000 km over the winter on it)

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Deffinately the kickr :pImage
Using Tapatalk

Bluecoupe

by Bluecoupe

I picked up a second hand first gen kickr and have no complaints with it other than its quite loud compared to my Kurt rock and roll.

I was also in the same boat as you before either the flux or the kickr... the neo is great but a bit more than what I want to pay. After reading up on reviews of the flux I swayed towards the kickr and an opportunity for the kickr came up and I went with the kickr.

stockae92

by stockae92

Anything but Flux. My first and only one lasted about 45min. I do not enjoy being the beta tester (without paid) and couldn't get out of it fast enough.

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

Been a lot of issues with Flux, which I was originally leaning towards. Ended up with Neo due to no calibration required for every ride and it is very quiet. Been great so far after first season of use.
It only hurts if you think.

SNUGSHIP

by SNUGSHIP

Bluecoupe wrote:I picked up a second hand first gen kickr and have no complaints with it other than its quite loud compared to my Kurt rock and roll.

I was also in the same boat as you before either the flux or the kickr... the neo is great but a bit more than what I want to pay. After reading up on reviews of the flux I swayed towards the kickr and an opportunity for the kickr came up and I went with the kickr.

Hi thanks for a first gen kickr after and I'm delighted with it cost me €500

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

They are both good trainers. Quality of the Flux seems fine; some early models had issues (which were resolved). It doesn't fold, so if space is an issue, consider that.

The first gen Kickr is loud. The high-pitched noise is a deal-breaker for me. If that won't bother you, they are both solid smart trainers.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Hi

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I've finally been able to try a smart trainer - a friend got a Flux and is using it with the Tacx films via his iPad.

I went to his place to have a go. Tried out the Alpe D'Huez film but had limited time so wanted to fast forward to the bottom of the climb (ie: skip the 15km or so of flat). But we couldn't figure out how to fast forward the film on the iPad. Tried to drag the slider but no good.

Any ideas?