Wahoo RPM cadence sensor & Rotor cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naylor343

by naylor343

So, just received the sensor today and will be fitting it to my Rotor 3d cranks. My prefered option of mounting is to fix it to the crank using the tape provided. My concern is that due to the flutes milled from the crank that the tape will not provide enough purchase and possibly water can get behind the tape too. Anyone got this wahoo/Rotor combo and can give any feed back? Thanks in advance.

Patto

by Patto

It comes with a silicon cover that is cable tied to the crank. tape is to maintain position. Not requiring a magnet for operation, position is not critical anyway.

I wouldnt like having a dirt pocket behind the sensor either. Dont know how big the channels are on your crank so cant give opinion on how to remedy. I would probably fill with silicon glue the area where the sensor will be located. If you use silicon, remove crank from bike and let it cure outside. Curing silicon releases acidic vapour which can damage and corrode alloy on bike.

http://au.wahoofitness.com/instructions/rpm/

I too will be installing wahoo sensors on my race bike today.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

I attached mine to my shoe. (non bike weight doesn't count) : )
C

naylor343

by naylor343

Thanks Patto & Uraqt. I had not considered the shoe attachment.Tried it this morning, perfect and now works on more than one bike too☺