Help choosing new bike - Felt FR, Focus Paralane, BMC Roadmachine 02, Cannondale Supersix, Trek Domane SLR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Mr.Gib wrote:
wingguy wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:How can a Paralane and a Suprersix both be perfect geometry. Isn't the Paralane more endurance like?

The Supersix has a quite non-linear geometry chart. The 63 is a lot taller with a touch more reach than a 60 - it's very similar to a lot of huge endurance bikes. Vs the Paralane, where a 54 vs M are totally different, an XXL and a 63 are only around half a cm different in reach and stack.

Neat - that's great for the big guys with bad backs. (Still needs a proper size stem on it though.)

I like it on the big end,
However, many brand do that to the smaller end where it is disproportionally low but not really short, like 17mm lower but only 6mm shorter than next bigger size. Which i find it overdone.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

i have a question regarding frame geometry

http://storckworld.com/road-bikes/endur ... omp-g1105/

how does it qualify as endurance?

does not even have longer chainstays, and the head tube angle is pretty standard for a road bike.

the stack-reach ratio is closer to 1.4 than to 1.5...

Clean39T

by Clean39T

There's an incredible SS Evo HM on PinkBike.com right now in 63cm w DA-Di2, SiSl2 w Stages, and Enve bits for $3K w/o wheels. Can't do better than that - it's just a bit too big for me..

BRM

by BRM

vejnemojnen wrote:i have a question regarding frame geometry

does not even have longer chainstays, and the head tube angle is pretty standard for a road bike.

There's no fixed blueprint for an endurance bike.
All manufacturers using a different approach.
Besides geo they bring other features in to make bikes more comfortable on longer rides.
So endurance bikes sometimes lean more to a real racer and other models more to a sportsbike maybe.
The Storck is more a racer with room for wider tires. Some things are already mentioned in their own description.
This Road.cc review tells more about it. http://road.cc/content/review/208037-st ... o-platinum

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

BRM wrote:
vejnemojnen wrote:i have a question regarding frame geometry

There's no fixed blueprint for an endurance bike.
All manufacturers using a different approach.
Besides geo they bring other features in to make bikes more comfortable on longer rides.
So endurance bikes sometimes lean more to a real racer and other models more to a sportsbike maybe.
The Storck is more a racer with room for wider tires. Some things are already mentioned in their own description.
This Road.cc review tells more about it. http://road.cc/content/review/208037-st ... o-platinum

the first comment with the same name as I have asks the same question as I did.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BRM

by BRM

Oh well
When you have read the article you know that there is no fixed blueprint, makes your question bit obsolete isn't it?
Don't hang on geometry only. And also have in mind that the Storck is not exactly what most people will mark as an endurance bike. It's the choice of the Storck marketing that made that choice.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Nothing complicated about the endurance concept - just a generalization. Shorter then average race bike reach, taller than average race bike stack, and often room for bigger tires. Or alternately, the relative place in a manufacturer's product line - more conservative geometry than the top race bike.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

Okay, I get it, but still its way to long-low.

Compare the geometry with a 58cm supersix or with an xtra large wilier gtr sl.

those are not regarded as endurance bikes, still, offer a very compliant and comfortable ride WITHOUT being tall#short, but that durnario is just. long and low. :)

I know it is more than just geometry, but, the stork is way overkill imho

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I know a bike fitter riding Madone H1 with 90mm stem. He's 186cm tall.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.