Frame selection help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eeney

by eeney

Hey, I'm looking at a new frame to move all my existing running gear onto (Ultegra & Kysrium Elites).

I was looking at the LTK118/FM686 because this appears to be the frame Ribble are using for their new SL which gives me some confidence. However, when I contacted Longteng the assistance pointed me at their LTK036, stating that it uses EPS and a BB86, both of which result in a stronger, stiffer and lighter frame (790g I think).

Does anyone have any knowledge of the LTK036?

I'm basically looking for a frame for training and climbing rides, about 300km per week. I don't want a bone shakingly stiff bike, but I want something with great power transfer. If there are more appropriate frames or vendors I'm open to ideas/advice.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Take my post with a pinch of salt as I haven't really got enough time on carbon road bikes to have any kind of worthwhile opinion, me being on my first CF road bike, but I freaking love my Fuji SL, so much that I seriously recommend it as it seems a similar weight and what able to do waht your are looking for, and comes in for a reasonable price, and is a well known brand with history. Plus it's made in Taiwan, not China meaning that the manufacturing processes are usually to a higher standard when done in Taiwan vs China. This is isn't China-bashing, I live in China and all my Chinese friends/riders/shop owners/mechanics agree this is in fact the case.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com