old hollowgram SI on BB30A

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

freshlegs

by freshlegs

I have some old Hollowgram SI cranks.

same as these

Will they fit on a BB30A bottom bracket?

Do the bearings press into a BB30A shell or is it like a pressfit30 with cup and bearing press in?

thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topflightpro

by topflightpro

The cranks arms should work, but the Spindle is probably not quite long enough. If you got a longer spindle, you would be fine.

That said, I'm not sure if Cannondale changed the NDS arm angle when it went to BB30A. If it did, the NDS arm will be farther from center compared to the DS. I have both versions at home, and I can check them for you when I get back tomorrow afternoon.

freshlegs

by freshlegs

Thank you so much topflightpro.

If you could check that would be helpful.

I gather I'll need a 109mm spindle, does the bottom bracket use standard bb30 bearings? I just read the instructions, seems I can use a pressfit 30 or bb30 in a 2016Evo hi mod.

maquisard

by maquisard

You will need a longer spindle/axle as others have pointed out.

However the Q-factor will be incorrect, as the NDS pedal will be positioned further from the centre of the BB by an amount equal to the increase in spindle length. For BB30A Cannondale changed the 'pitch' of the NDS crankarm so that Q-factor would be identical to the way it was with BB30 and the shorter spindle.

If that makes sense!

maquisard

by maquisard

-delete-

freshlegs

by freshlegs

Sorry for the stupid questions, this BB30A is messing with my head. I'm trying to solve this issue without having to outlay too much $$.

Do these newer Si cranks have the NDS "pitch" change to correct the 5mm difference?

next stupid question.

I see BB30A frames with Sram Red cranks. How is the q factor on the NDS compensated with these cranks?

thanks again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com