Campag SR rear mech

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timujin

by Timujin

Hi All,

Ive managed to ruin the head on the bolt holds the upper jockey wheel in place... its a bad design, would have been better on the cassette side but hey..

As anyone had similar issue? Would I have to drill this out?

Thanks,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BRM

by BRM

Also don't use budget hex and torx tools.
Choose for an A-brand with a tight fit. Like PB Swisstools.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Aside from the obvious (better tools, used correctly), take the lower pulley and bolt out, and turn the rear plate.

I've never known them to be more than pinch tight, as there's bugger all thread..
Official cafe stop tester

Timujin

by Timujin

BRM wrote:Also don't use budget hex and torx tools.
Choose for an A-brand with a tight fit. Like PB Swisstools.

I have park tools.. pretty decent... never happened on my ceramic speed pulley cage nor my DA one..

Timujin

by Timujin

jekyll man wrote:Aside from the obvious (better tools, used correctly), take the lower pulley and bolt out, and turn the rear plate.

I've never known them to be more than pinch tight, as there's bugger all thread..

ah yeh, never thought of that.. will try it later.. still need to order the screws though...

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Trick is to know what you are doing, rotate the lower end of the cage forwards & don't use a ball-end.
I've done this job at least a couple of hundred times since the intro of 11s in 2009 and not made a mess of one yet ...
Bolts available from stock from us, if you are in the UK
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Timujin wrote:I have park tools.. pretty decent... never happened on my ceramic speed pulley cage nor my DA one..
TBH, park are one of those either/or brands, some of their tools are really really good, some are really not worth the premium they charge for them.

I've just binned a stack of old mixed T/P handle allen and torx keys, mostly park, some pedros, some "other" brands and replaced with a set of the top of the range WERA stuff. Like night and day in comparison. Can pop any of the keys into a bolt and the fit is precise enough that removal is pretty much only possible on a straight line along the axis of the bolt......... unless it's a 10 year old bolt!