Getting Extralite parts in the US

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
bikenerd

by bikenerd

Is there a US distributor or dealer for Extralite parts? Has anybody here (in the US) bought from them? I'm wondering how easy they are to deal with, and how much shipping would be from Italy. I also can't seem to find US prices on their website. Can anybody help?

by Weenie

cadence90

by cadence90

bikenerd wrote:Is there a US distributor or dealer for Extralite parts? Has anybody here (in the US) bought from them? I'm wondering how easy they are to deal with, and how much shipping would be from Italy. I also can't seem to find US prices on their website. Can anybody help?

I don't think there is a US distributor, but I have been corresponding with them directly lately.
Sergio Riva responds immediately, is very thorough and his English is also perfect.
He will e-mail you a 2004 $ US pricelist (no VAT), or if you PM me with your e-mail I will send it to you directly.
The shipping seems very fair compared for instance to ShockBike, etc.: $20.00 for 8-day shipping on crankset/rings/BB.

http://www.extralite.com/index_usa.htm

e-mail: studioriva@extralite.com
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

bikenerd wrote:Is there a US distributor or dealer for Extralite parts? Has anybody here (in the US) bought from them? I'm wondering how easy they are to deal with, and how much shipping would be from Italy. I also can't seem to find US prices on their website. Can anybody help?

www.light-bikes.com

Giovanni brings them in directly.
Ride lightly!

cadence90

by cadence90

Ye Olde Balde One wrote:

www.light-bikes.com

Giovanni brings them in directly.

That's right I forgot about Masi :oops:
They sell Extralite, FRM, Syntace, FSA....my bad!
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

With a name like Giovanni Masi involved in bikes, how could you forget his name?
Ride lightly!

cadence90

by cadence90

Because they didn't have the part I needed....out of sight, out of mind, I guess!
But they're good too and shipping would be less no doubt.

nikh

by nikh

Gio is a good guy and will try his best to get you what you want.

It's his suppliers that mess him around.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

jim

by jim

someone needs to blow the whistle on masi selling grey market oem shimano stuff, and at the same time not being an authorized internet dealer of the product. sergio riva is my preferred method of dealing with extralite. courteous, professional and timely deliveries.

cadence90

by cadence90

I don't know about that, or how Shimano even enters into this.
The original post asked about Extralite dealers in the US.

Masi has always been fast, courteous, responsive, (and if the parts are in stock Light-Bikes is fast). He is selling 2 of the top Italian component maker's products, I assume they trust him.

Riva is also fast, courteous, responsive, informative, if you need to go direct to the source.

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

No problem with Gio... Always kind and quick.

by Weenie

ras11

by ras11

Gio really hooked me up with a 87g stem... I wish I could hang out at his shop. super helpful guy 8)
:-) Toys-R-Us