ee-brakes regular-real weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I do plan to buy a set of EE's in the near future but in all honesty I've had no issues with my Zero G's at all...I got the cable length correct first go and they stop fine for me...I'm sure the EE's will have more power but don't expect much difference in weight with current set up.

Marin

by Marin

Mr.Gib wrote:But you are in Vienna.:P I bet if you lived in Innsbruck you might feel differently. :P :P Nothing wrong with Sram brakes, my point is ultimately that while very good, they are not the best.

We have a house in Bad Aussee and I ride races like the 5-Seen Marathon. On carbon clinchers too BTW.

My point is ultimately that while there might be brakes with more power, I don't need them. The same with disc brakes etc. - over a certain level of brake power, the limit will always be the tire.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

When I weighed them for my eeBrakes Review (click here to read it) I got 80 and 77 grams for their weight with a total of 170 when weighed together.

I'm now in my second season with them and I absolutely love them. They live up to all the hype and exceed it. For me it sets the bar that breaks are measured against.

rolfo

by rolfo

I live in Holland (Europe). Any clue where to get the EE brakes at a descent price?

Thanks!

sp3000

by sp3000

rolfo wrote:I live in Holland (Europe). Any clue where to get the EE brakes at a descent price?

Thanks!

Star bike was good for me and I'm in Australia.

nickf

by nickf

Weight savings aren't out of this world but they are fantastic brakes. Been on mine for a little over a year now. Easy to center, swap pads, and adjust when swapping wheels. For me the biggest selling point was I could open them up to have lots of lever pull even with my Bontrager wheels that are 27mm wide. My last set of calipers even fully open I couldn't achieve the lever pull that I wanted. I don't want full lock till Im just about to the bar. Plus they are just stiff and modulate oh so well.

Delorre

by Delorre

sp3000 wrote:
rolfo wrote:I live in Holland (Europe). Any clue where to get the EE brakes at a descent price?

Thanks!

Star bike was good for me and I'm in Australia.

Yes, but delivery time 'unknown' :?

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Thanks!

maybe here:

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/catalog/product.p ... currency=1

Mr.Gib wrote: If you are sub 75 kg or don't ride steep descents, than you may not know the terror wishing you had better brakes.

i ride a lot of long descents (living next to the alpes) but weigh only 62kg. so gladly no need to purchase eebrake. saves a lot of money (as nice as those are...)