(Not lightweight, but...) How do you set up 105 5800 FD?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kdawg

by kdawg

The other thing to look at is the b-screw - could be the wrong angle causing that.
I'm left handed, if that matters.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

niklasp

by niklasp

kdawg wrote:The other thing to look at is the b-screw - could be the wrong angle causing that.

Definately something to look into.
Im a mtber and cant figure out really what happens when you adjust bscrew on this derailleur...

niklasp

by niklasp

Okey so Ive ridden the bike one more time since last... Apparently the FD is pretty much spot on and there is a clicking / mechanical noise every once or twice every 360 crank movement. Thats the sound I thought was a bad derailleur setup I think. Didnt have tool to remove the SI crank arm, but noticed that I needed alot more force to undo and especially tighten the drive side center nut ( https://www.google.se/search?q=cannonda ... Bl2nnKzW0M: ) than 40nm as specified. It was really hard to remove and put back in there. 99% sure its correctly inserted. Doesnt look wrong or something. Just requires alot of force.

Need to buy tools and remove the crankset and have a look. I should have bought a specialized allez sprint locally than this caad12 from a very small company in spain. No customer support at all..

kdawg

by kdawg

It's not the FD cable hitting the crank is it?
I'm left handed, if that matters.

niklasp

by niklasp

No its not... But still. The bolt on the drive side needs alot more than 40nm. Something seems to be wrong...

niklasp

by niklasp

Well. I found the solution a while back to my noise...

It was a dry freehub body which made the rattle every pedal stroke. FML :|