Di2 light query...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Broady

by Broady

I've noticed the Green light (as below) seems to intermittently flash every now and again and can't seem to work out why.

I know all about holding a shift for battery level update and holding the button for fine tuning but this seems to be unrelated and I can't work out why. The battery is charged and everything seems to be working fine otherwise.

I've looked for the manuals but can't seem to find anything related to this.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

It happens to me from time to time and I believe it is just telling you battery level although you are not actively checking it. I find if I am changing into the big ring or doing a multi shift on the rear I must be holding the button long enough to trigger the check
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Broady

by Broady

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be doing any harm, it's just that I noticed it while I was watching TV and the bike was sat untouched, seemed a bit odd, I don't want it to be slowly draining the battery or something.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Broady wrote:Yeah, it doesn't seem to be doing any harm, it's just that I noticed it while I was watching TV and the bike was sat untouched, seemed a bit odd, I don't want it to be slowly draining the battery or something.

Now that is weird...... sorry but can't help you with that one. Gremlins :?:
BB

Coffee & carbon

kode54

by kode54

Broady wrote:Yeah, it doesn't seem to be doing any harm, it's just that I noticed it while I was watching TV and the bike was sat untouched, seemed a bit odd, I don't want it to be slowly draining the battery or something.

i've never seen mine do that...but again...i'm never sitting nearby and glancing over to see if the light goes on or off. i have a few Di2 bikes...and have yet to see it turn on by itself just by sitting there.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

stien

by stien

Sounds like an intermittent connection somewhere. When you plug the system together or plug the battery in you'll get a battery level flash each time.

Tristan

by Tristan

Are you using a WU111 Bluetooth unit? If so did you disconnect your phone from the bike IN THE APP before closing the app?
Wheelworks.co.nz
New Zealand handbuilt wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com