Can you identify this Reynolds hub?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MarkH

by MarkH

How do I know if this hub is pre or post 2009?
Currently running the 10s ultegra cassette, it will not accommodate the 11s. I plan on purchasing the new 11s hub body but I don’t know how to identify pre or post 2009 hub.
Since I haven’t had any issues with the wheels I would like to keep them in service.
Attachments
20170417_153639.jpg
20170417_153657.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkH

by MarkH

Pics resized and uploaded now.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

I have one just like that hub, except mine is carbon 32 rims. Replaced the freewheel hub with a DT swiss 240 11speed (came with new drive side axle cap) works fine but ended up having to re dish a very small amount... if I recall the amount was around 5mm, I didn't do it myself, lbs did it so the rims will be moved slightly towards the non drive side.

Tristan

by Tristan

CLEAR wrote:I have one just like that hub, except mine is carbon 32 rims. Replaced the freewheel hub with a DT swiss 240 11speed (came with new drive side axle cap) works fine but ended up having to re dish a very small amount... if I recall the amount was around 5mm, I didn't do it myself, lbs did it so the rims will be moved slightly towards the non drive side.

Unfortunately this isn't correct. The hub in the OPs photos is NOT a DT Swiss 240s and won't work with the DT Swiss freehub body. The OPs hub is made by KT for Reynolds but I'm not sure of what year or what freehub body will work.

FYI when installing the DT Swiss 11 speed freehub body the wheel needs to be redished 0.5mm (not 5.0mm) towards the driveside (not non-driveside)
Wheelworks.co.nz
New Zealand handbuilt wheels

MarkH

by MarkH

How about getting the Novatec F482SB-11 hub? Anybody using it/got experience with it? I really like the Anti Bite Guard on it.
Priced right at around $100US.
Attachments
F482SB-11 LG.png

jekyll man

by jekyll man

What exactly are you trying to do?? :noidea:
Your original post asks for help ID'ing your hub; Tristan has replied correctly its as KT, as fitted OE to a lot of low endish wheels back then.
Now you want to change the hub and have your rim rebuilt onto it?

IMO you'd be better off either a: finding a campag freehub body for your hub, and running a campag 11 cassette, or b: getting someone to machine the back out of an ultegra 11spd cassette and using your existing 10spd freehub.

The cost of a wheel rebuild on an old rim doesnt really warrant it.
Official cafe stop tester

kode54

by kode54

you can always try the Edco cassette where you can fit a 11spd cassette (Edco) onto a 10 spd hub (prior to 11 spd era) and used their red lock ring. you will have to redish but ever so slightly...and if that's the only wheelset you plan to use...leave it like that and just ride it.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

MarkH

by MarkH

Thank you to all who responded.
What I'm trying to do is exactly what I said earlier - Keep this wheels going. :)
Just this morning I got the part # from the Reynolds rep and I'll be able to get a proper replacement.

kode54

by kode54

MarkH wrote:Thank you to all who responded.
What I'm trying to do is exactly what I said earlier - Keep this wheels going. :)
Just this morning I got the part # from the Reynolds rep and I'll be able to get a proper replacement.

what part did you ended up getting? just the free hub? or the entire hub? i'm curious because i have an older 10 spd version that is similar and was thinking of just getting the Edco cassette.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

MarkH

by MarkH

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Obviously my typo... .5mm towards drives ide... and Tristan right. But I didn't do it. Not so mechanically inclined thus took it to lbs.