2013 Northwave extreme tech SBS vs current extreme tech shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Delorre

by Delorre

I currently ride Northwave Extreme Tech SBS shoes. They are from 2013 and would like to replace them with the current Extreme Tech shoes.

Could someone confirm that the sizing is the same (I currently have size 43), and also, that the form and camber of the sole is the same. I have custom made innersoles for my SBS shoes, and would like to use them in the new shoes, but I have to be sure that they will fit, and that camber / angle of the sole is the same between both shoes. Otherwise, I would have to purchase new innersoles as well, and those are rather expensive...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

See here for a review, it looks like the sizing might have changed:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=142274&start=15
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Delorre

by Delorre

mrlobber wrote:See here for a review, it looks like the sizing might have changed:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=142274&start=15

that's for the new RR shoe, I'm looking for the 'regular' Tech ones (http://www.northwave.com/en/product/_extreme_reflective_white). Those look very similar to my current shoes. Also the 2014 Tech plus shoes were very similar, only the lace system seem to have changed. The vents on the upper are almost the same, the sole looks identical, but looks alone don't tell the whole story off course.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

OK, then I can confirm that pre-2016 Northwaves (Extreme Tech etc) fit the same, myself, I'm still riding 2014 & 2015 models
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike