Shimano R9100-P Powermeter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

toiyuet

by toiyuet

I find an second-hand brand new for sale here, Hong Kong.
Attachments
9100P sale.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

toiyuet wrote:I find an second-hand brand new for sale here, Hong Kong.

Why would someone sell it ? :shock:

toiyuet

by toiyuet

TonyM wrote:
toiyuet wrote:I find an second-hand brand new for sale here, Hong Kong.

Why would someone sell it ? :shock:

Don't know.
When someone asked where did the seller get it, he just said "business secret"

reknop

by reknop

Has someone experience / testing out on the road with this power meter?
Haven't seen it "in the flesh" ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

naylor343

by naylor343

Conza

by Conza

naylor343 wrote:First ride review on bike radar.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... iew-51582/

Hmm, thanks for that!
It's all about the adventure :o .

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

I missed the delivery of this today, but I'll be picking it up at my local post office on Monday. (It came from alexcycles)

Infin1ty

by Infin1ty

I managed to source one from SigmaSport as soon as they had my size in stock, already have it delivered and now being installed on my new build (new frame), my current bike for the last 2 years has the Pioneer Dual-Leg (9000) system.

TonyM

by TonyM

Infin1ty wrote:I managed to source one from SigmaSport as soon as they had my size in stock, already have it delivered and now being installed on my new build (new frame), my current bike for the last 2 years has the Pioneer Dual-Leg (9000) system.

What would be the advantage of the Shimano DA over the Pioneer (either than now 9100 instead of 9000)?

Infin1ty

by Infin1ty

TonyM wrote:
Infin1ty wrote:I managed to source one from SigmaSport as soon as they had my size in stock, already have it delivered and now being installed on my new build (new frame), my current bike for the last 2 years has the Pioneer Dual-Leg (9000) system.

What would be the advantage of the Shimano DA over the Pioneer (either than now 9100 instead of 9000)?

I'm not sure there's any advantage to be honest, i am building a new bike with a new 9100 components and wanted to complete the look, the price is more or less the same for the Pioneer 9100 so i decided to give it a go and try the new Shimano Powermeter.

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

I picked mine up early (post office had it waiting on Friday). I installed it and gave it a quick test ride, pretty much everything you’d expect. It’s a very subtle Oem look, which I love, and as far as I can tell it’s pretty on target with what I’d expect for power numbers.

TonyM

by TonyM

benjaminm3 wrote:I picked mine up early (post office had it waiting on Friday). I installed it and gave it a quick test ride, pretty much everything you’d expect. It’s a very subtle Oem look, which I love, and as far as I can tell it’s pretty on target with what I’d expect for power numbers.

Did you use the magnet for the cadence or is it already reliable without the magnet?

Infin1ty

by Infin1ty

TonyM wrote:
benjaminm3 wrote:I picked mine up early (post office had it waiting on Friday). I installed it and gave it a quick test ride, pretty much everything you’d expect. It’s a very subtle Oem look, which I love, and as far as I can tell it’s pretty on target with what I’d expect for power numbers.

Did you use the magnet for the cadence or is it already reliable without the magnet?

You must use the Magnet and i'm quite happy with it, I have seen a lot of battery draining issues with Powermeters that are "magnet-less", I believe it happens to those who travels with their bike a lot (i.e: car, etc...).
I still prefer my Powermeter to be waken up by a magnet and have the Cadence measured using Magnets.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Infin1ty wrote:
TonyM wrote:

You must use the Magnet and i'm quite happy with it, I have seen a lot of battery draining issues with Powermeters that are "magnet-less", I believe it happens to those who travels with their bike a lot (i.e: car, etc...).
I still prefer my Powermeter to be waken up by a magnet and have the Cadence measured using Magnets.

I agree. I am a 20 year SRM user and I have never been bothered by the presence of a small magnet on my chainstay. Use a small rare earth magnet, and glue it in place, and you never have to give it another thought.

Squint

by Squint

I get crazy max cadence readings and lousy battery life in magnet-less mode.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com