Scott Addict feels plush

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

It's been a while since I rode my '11 Addict R1. I have Kinlin 19mm wheelset on there and its my lightest bike.

But I've been riding my BMC TMR02 for the past 6 months and today I decided to take the Addict out for a 43 mile ride. During the climb it didn't feel as snappy as it use to be and at times feels very flexy.

I have Pro4 service course 23mm on there, which has been on there for 2-3 yrs now. But pumped up to 100psi.

Not sure if either the tire or the spoke lost tension?

Or maybe I'm just spoiled by my TMR02 that just wanna pick up and go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen254

by Allen254

addictR1 wrote:It's been a while since I rode my '11 Addict R1. I have Kinlin 19mm wheelset on there and its my lightest bike.

But I've been riding my BMC TMR02 for the past 6 months and today I decided to take the Addict out for a 43 mile ride. During the climb it didn't feel as snappy as it use to be and at times feels very flexy.

I have Pro4 service course 23mm on there, which has been on there for 2-3 yrs now. But pumped up to 100psi.

Not sure if either the tire or the spoke lost tension?

Or maybe I'm just spoiled by my TMR02 that just wanna pick up and go?

That's interesting cause I had the same issue with my bike, just felt super flexy even though it's pretty stiff,, I sent my wheels to have the hubs replaced/upgraded to white industries, I'll see if this dose anything for that problem I think we are both feeling. I think It might have had been my faulty rear hub causing that flexyness or maybe even skewers.

Or sometimes I feel it's all in my head or maybe havent recovered well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I have some Kilnin rims with 23mm Michelin Pro 4's and whatever bike it put them in feels a little "loose". After riding 25's 23's do seem to feel less planted and solid. The bike doesn't feel as stiff with these wheels.

addictR1

by addictR1

Glad to hear I'm not going crazy. I put on another set of kinlin 31mm w/ GP4K2 - 23mm using the same Tune skewers and will see if it still feel the same.

addictR1

by addictR1

Update: tried with kinlin 31mm set with GP4K2 pumped to 110 psi rear (same psi as Pro4). Sprinted with it and felt nice and firm.. None of that plush feeling.

Will try testing again with the kinlin 19mm with GP4K2 tires and see.

KarlC

by KarlC

addictR1 put your reynolds 72 aero wheels on your 2011 Addict R1 and then you will be able to compare it to the BMC TMR02 better
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

addictR1

by addictR1

KarlC wrote:addictR1 put your reynolds 72 aero wheels on your 2011 Addict R1 and then you will be able to compare it to the BMC TMR02 better

karl, yup, that also another test i need to do. but first need to get the 72 back.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com