Compressionless brake housing for internal routing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Time for a cable update on my Parlee. Can you guys recommend a compressionless brake housing to replace my standard campag housing?

Needs to route internally through the top tube so no link-style housings please, I can't be bothered with the faff (and rattle) of i-links, nokon etc
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Yokuzuna would gone out of the picture with the word "internally". It is the best brake housing if it has big space to turn and curve.

Not sure if Shimano Dura-ace 9000 brake housing is compressionless but i found it good, albeit look so normally common.
New Jagwire pro kit would be lighter weight alternative.

joejack951

by joejack951

Hexsense wrote:Yokuzuna would gone out of the picture with the word "internally". It is the best brake housing if it has big space to turn and curve.

With some effort, Yokozuna can be routed internally. I even got it through my Ritchey Streem II carbon handlebars. I had to go through the downtube and chainstay for my rear disc brake. That was pretty easy compared to the handlebar routing.

morrisond

by morrisond

TRP makes compressionless housing - you can get it off there site.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I wouldn't force compressionless brake housing to do tight bends unless it has an extra tough outer covering. I believe Yokozuna has this but not something like the TRP stuff and which will be vulnerable to splitting.

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

Had no problems with Jagwire Road Pro and internal routing. Works fine.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Thanks guys, I'll give the jagwire a go as it seems to be the most readily available
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

christiancarr

by christiancarr

Any actual reliable compressionless brake housing?
Is the Jagwire Pro KEB-SL housing and cable kit still best choice regarding price and performance?

Nickldn

by Nickldn

Very happy with my Aican Superlight Compressionless brake housing.

It's very light and I get good feel from the brakes. Runs through my Zipp bars and top tube with no problems.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

tommasini

by tommasini

I'll second trying Aican Superlight Compressionless (with standard vinyl outer). There is another thread or two where that comes up with positive feedback (myself included). Weighs about 26 grams per Meter (saves about 30 to 32 grams/m from regular housing). Mine is routed internaly through 3T Ergonova bars (on 2 different bikes) with no problem.

christiancarr

by christiancarr

Thanks, but forgot to mention I´m only looking for classic style brake housing (no Nokon style).

Any ideas? KEB-SL housing in Jagwire Pro should weigh about 39g/m, just wondering about it´s braking performance.

Miller

by Miller

bikewithnoname wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:09 am
Time for a cable update on my Parlee. Can you guys recommend a compressionless brake housing to replace my standard campag housing?
I wondered why you'd want that but I see you have Hy/dr discs. I used the jagwire for an external routed build and it was fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com