1st time buyer from Starbike...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Bit fishy this happens to be their last frame and it's defective. Sounds like more than a coincidence to me, maybe they held it back because they knew there was a problem??

Antoine

by Antoine

May be you can contact Ax lightness about it.

How far do you live from the US ? I guess shipping from there to Germany is much cheaper.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

s0s0s0s0

by s0s0s0s0

Thank u guys so much for all the input. Ya my bike shop said the exact same thing about their protection laws as well.
mattr wrote:
s0s0s0s0 wrote:ya i know for a fact they wont refund my shipping fee... even if the frame is faulty which is my main problem with this whole refund process
Time to go back to the credit card company then. If they tried this in Europe, with a European buyer they'd be in such deep shit they'd not know which way was up.

s0s0s0s0

by s0s0s0s0

Ya I feel the same way deep down... :( and the previous unboxed/returned packaging was definitely extra fishy :noidea:
4ibanez wrote:Bit fishy this happens to be their last frame and it's defective. Sounds like more than a coincidence to me, maybe they held it back because they knew there was a problem??

s0s0s0s0

by s0s0s0s0

I did contact ax lightness they also suspect the drop out as well. They said they contacted the starbike but didn't received a reply...

Antoine wrote:May be you can contact Ax lightness about it.

How far do you live from the US ? I guess shipping from there to Germany is much cheaper.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Welcome to the world wide web. We all expect to get the cheapest costs and if something goes wrong, everything is free. I have not checked, but I bet if you looked on their website, they disclosed that you had to send it back on your dime.

Sorry, life is not fair. That is why certain things should be purchased at a brick and mortar shop. I purchased my first EPS SR locally due to the cost and warranty issues if I should run across them. I'm glad I did, the v1 power unit was defective. It did not cost me any money, just a bit of time.

Take this as a learning experience, consider the future issues when you put it in your basket.

s0s0s0s0

by s0s0s0s0

Unfortunately no local shop in Canada carried this...I would love to buy it locally but that wasn't an option. If the frame was to break eventually and needed warranty I would understand if I had to pay for shipping back. Consider this frame was defective when it arrived shouldn't the seller take responsibility?
Butcher wrote:Welcome to the world wide web. We all expect to get the cheapest costs and if something goes wrong, everything is free. I have not checked, but I bet if you looked on their website, they disclosed that you had to send it back on your dime.

Sorry, life is not fair. That is why certain things should be purchased at a brick and mortar shop. I purchased my first EPS SR locally due to the cost and warranty issues if I should run across them. I'm glad I did, the v1 power unit was defective. It did not cost me any money, just a bit of time.

Take this as a learning experience, consider the future issues when you put it in your basket.

BRM

by BRM

As usual all kinds of people do need to do their say, and . . . . . show they don't have much knowledge about consumer laws.

In Europe we have strict European consumer laws.
You need to know what is the best way to follow and which legal things you can refer to in a complaint letter.
Despite the good intentions of others, please stop the bullshit.
The right way to deal with this is not in first place to go to your CC company or to contact the manufacturer.
You need to handle this of with the shop. Its the only party you have a purchase agreement with.
Also you should not contact multiple times with powerless words.
For every thing there is a right way to go.
Find direction. You should act how I have written.

s0s0s0s0

by s0s0s0s0

Thanks you for your reply do u have any suggestions what my next actions should be?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated it

BRM wrote:As usual all kinds of people do need to do their say, and . . . . . show they don't have much knowledge about consumer laws.

In Europe we have strict European consumer laws.
You need to know what is the best way to follow and which legal things you can refer to in a complaint letter.
Despite the good intentions of others, please stop the bullshit.
The right way to deal with this is not in first place to go to your CC company or to contact the manufacturer.
You need to handle this of with the shop. Its the only party you have a purchase agreement with.
Also you should not contact multiple times with powerless words.
For every thing there is a right way to go.
Find direction. You should act how I have written.

s0s0s0s0

by s0s0s0s0

Thank u totally missed your previous reply :thumbup:

BRM wrote:Collect all important information, and the terms and conditions you bought this on.
(Can only find on their website a very minimized sumup. Probably when you went trough the payment system on their site they showed you more detailed terms? Have a copy of that.)

Find in your country a consumer organisation that can guide you.

or maybe there is a non-profit organisation for legal assistance
or maybe you have an Insurance for legal assistance coverage

They can tell you how to handle. What to do and what not.
Probably ONE well worked out letter to Starbike will solve the problem for you.

Vladski21

by Vladski21

I've just discovered star bike, looking to order a groupy, So unsure esp After hearing this. Any positive accounts?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Have bought lots from them. Nil issues. (Few sets of wheels, saddle, seatpost, many small components)
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cfred84

by cfred84

Just chance upon this thread. Did the OP managed to solve the issue?

I believe I'm having a similar problem as well. And for now the bike has been shelved to one side.
The rear wheel somehow leans to one side and rubs against the chain stay on one side.
I'm suspecting the dropout as well.
M contemplating stripping the bike and sending it for a repair