Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:15 pm 

just want to share my first purchase experience from Starbike

bought a Vial Evo D on march 10.17 received it on the 27th the frame arrive previously unbox and sign of return.
half way through building my dream bike only to find the frame is complete bent, the wheel doesn't sit straight in the rear drop out.
the drop out for the left side is complete rectangular and double the size compare to the drop out on the right.
no matter how i tighten the quick release it lean to the right...and the wheel is 100% straight.
the photo ive attached is when the wheel is pair up with 23mm tire...

since this was the last vial evo d available in Small i cant get an exchange...only refund option
however starbike is insisting i pay for shipping back to them...which is about 450$ since im located in Canada
the most recent starbike reply"That is the disadvantage for getting exotic items"
and suggest i use USPS to ship back to them...even though im in canada...
im just trying to see if its normal for the Customer to pay for shipping cost back specially for a Defective/Broken frame ?
i would totally see it been normal if i ordered the wrong size or decided i want a different frame...

now im the proud owner of very expensive paper weight.
maybe someone can shine some light on this matter or personal experience
just doesnt seem fair when Starbike sell a defective frame and insist buyer to pay for shipping back to them

Attachments:
Bent Frame.jpg
Bent Frame.jpg [ 130.48 KiB | Viewed 1151 times ]
wheel frame.jpg
wheel frame.jpg [ 125.25 KiB | Viewed 1132 times ]

Last edited by s0s0s0s0 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:15 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:21 pm 

seems like your credit card company would support a chargeback, though...right?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:24 pm 

yes... but they are insisting i try to work it out with the company but im running out of ideas and patient. this has a been a on going email relay since March 27th since i emailed them right after unboxing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 pm 

How much did it cost them to ship it?
They aren't going to pay any more than that are they, if its proven to be faulty, when they inspect it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:47 pm 

i think it cost them 50-60 euro to ship them out.

jekyll man wrote:
How much did it cost them to ship it?
They aren't going to pay any more than that are they, if its proven to be faulty, when they inspect it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:22 am 

Why is your return shipping ten times the original shipping cost?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:25 am 

It's usual for you to pay to ship it back. Once they establish it is faulty, you'll get a refund of the postage.

Just unfortunate that starbike have the benefits of massive volume shipping discounts and cheaper insurance and you have to do it as a single item (and pay through the nose for both!)

If they are refusing to refund the shipping after the inspection/fault confirmation has happened, i *think* they are in breach of whatever is currently in place of their local sale of goods act. You'd have to spend some time googling to check the exact wording though. And to see how it applies to a none EU customer.

Have you actually spoken to them yet? Or all by email?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:49 am 

Can you try to put the wheel backwards (freehub on the non drive side), so you can be sure that, it is the frame problem, not the wheel.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 am 

ya i know for a fact they wont refund my shipping fee... even if the frame is faulty which is my main problem with this whole refund process

mattr wrote:
It's usual for you to pay to ship it back. Once they establish it is faulty, you'll get a refund of the postage.

Just unfortunate that starbike have the benefits of massive volume shipping discounts and cheaper insurance and you have to do it as a single item (and pay through the nose for both!)

If they are refusing to refund the shipping after the inspection/fault confirmation has happened, i *think* they are in breach of whatever is currently in place of their local sale of goods act. You'd have to spend some time googling to check the exact wording though. And to see how it applies to a none EU customer.

Have you actually spoken to them yet? Or all by email?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 am 

yep such test was conducted it was the same result...had it check out by a frame builder he said since the left drop out is rectangular and oversize the axle doesn't sit in the correct position
ToffieBoi wrote:
Can you try to put the wheel backwards (freehub on the non drive side), so you can be sure that, it is the frame problem, not the wheel.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:00 am 

s0s0s0s0 wrote:
yep such test was conducted it was the same result...had it check out by a frame builder he said since the left drop out is rectangular and oversize the axle doesn't sit in the correct position
ToffieBoi wrote:

Then, we are sure that it is factory defect. Starbike should pay for the return shipping since it is not a regular return.
Some companies want you to pay for return shipping, and they pay the shipping later. I guess they will accept that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:14 am 

unfortunately this is the last Sz Small Vial Evo D and they cant get anymore...only refund
just thought it was unreasonable when i received a Defective frame and i would have to pay for shipping back to them for a refund...

ToffieBoi wrote:
s0s0s0s0 wrote:
ToffieBoi wrote:

Then, we are sure that it is factory defect. Starbike should pay for the return shipping since it is not a regular return.
Some companies want you to pay for return shipping, and they pay the shipping later. I guess they will accept that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:33 am 

unfortunately Canada post goes by the size of the box... the basic shipping back to Germany from Canada is $250 but i told that is by Boat and they quoted me it would take 1 -2 month :shock: the next option up is $460 and it would take 2-3 weeks
UPS would cost 750-800$ :shock: :shock: :shock:

jih wrote:
Why is your return shipping ten times the original shipping cost?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:45 pm 

Collect all important information, and the terms and conditions you bought this on.
(Can only find on their website a very minimized sumup. Probably when you went trough the payment system on their site they showed you more detailed terms? Have a copy of that.)

Find in your country a consumer organisation that can guide you.

or maybe there is a non-profit organisation for legal assistance
or maybe you have an Insurance for legal assistance coverage

They can tell you how to handle. What to do and what not.
Probably ONE well worked out letter to Starbike will solve the problem for you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:56 pm 

s0s0s0s0 wrote:
ya i know for a fact they wont refund my shipping fee... even if the frame is faulty which is my main problem with this whole refund process
Time to go back to the credit card company then. If they tried this in Europe, with a European buyer they'd be in such deep shit they'd not know which way was up.

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:56 pm