Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:54 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Norwich, UK
Bit fishy this happens to be their last frame and it's defective. Sounds like more than a coincidence to me, maybe they held it back because they knew there was a problem??

_________________
Supersix Evo Hi-Mod - 4.54kg


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:36 pm
Posts: 417
Location: France
May be you can contact Ax lightness about it.

How far do you live from the US ? I guess shipping from there to Germany is much cheaper.


Top
   
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:32 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 am
Posts: 15
Thank u guys so much for all the input. Ya my bike shop said the exact same thing about their protection laws as well.
mattr wrote:
s0s0s0s0 wrote:
ya i know for a fact they wont refund my shipping fee... even if the frame is faulty which is my main problem with this whole refund process
Time to go back to the credit card company then. If they tried this in Europe, with a European buyer they'd be in such deep shit they'd not know which way was up.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 am
Posts: 15
Ya I feel the same way deep down... :( and the previous unboxed/returned packaging was definitely extra fishy :noidea:
4ibanez wrote:
Bit fishy this happens to be their last frame and it's defective. Sounds like more than a coincidence to me, maybe they held it back because they knew there was a problem??


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 am
Posts: 15
I did contact ax lightness they also suspect the drop out as well. They said they contacted the starbike but didn't received a reply...

Antoine wrote:
May be you can contact Ax lightness about it.

How far do you live from the US ? I guess shipping from there to Germany is much cheaper.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
Shop Owner

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:58 am
Posts: 815
Welcome to the world wide web. We all expect to get the cheapest costs and if something goes wrong, everything is free. I have not checked, but I bet if you looked on their website, they disclosed that you had to send it back on your dime.

Sorry, life is not fair. That is why certain things should be purchased at a brick and mortar shop. I purchased my first EPS SR locally due to the cost and warranty issues if I should run across them. I'm glad I did, the v1 power unit was defective. It did not cost me any money, just a bit of time.

Take this as a learning experience, consider the future issues when you put it in your basket.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 am
Posts: 15
Unfortunately no local shop in Canada carried this...I would love to buy it locally but that wasn't an option. If the frame was to break eventually and needed warranty I would understand if I had to pay for shipping back. Consider this frame was defective when it arrived shouldn't the seller take responsibility?
Butcher wrote:
Welcome to the world wide web. We all expect to get the cheapest costs and if something goes wrong, everything is free. I have not checked, but I bet if you looked on their website, they disclosed that you had to send it back on your dime.

Sorry, life is not fair. That is why certain things should be purchased at a brick and mortar shop. I purchased my first EPS SR locally due to the cost and warranty issues if I should run across them. I'm glad I did, the v1 power unit was defective. It did not cost me any money, just a bit of time.

Take this as a learning experience, consider the future issues when you put it in your basket.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:43 pm
Posts: 817
As usual all kinds of people do need to do their say, and . . . . . show they don't have much knowledge about consumer laws.

In Europe we have strict European consumer laws.
You need to know what is the best way to follow and which legal things you can refer to in a complaint letter.
Despite the good intentions of others, please stop the bullshit.
The right way to deal with this is not in first place to go to your CC company or to contact the manufacturer.
You need to handle this of with the shop. Its the only party you have a purchase agreement with.
Also you should not contact multiple times with powerless words.
For every thing there is a right way to go.
Find direction. You should act how I have written.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 am
Posts: 15
Thanks you for your reply do u have any suggestions what my next actions should be?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated it

BRM wrote:
As usual all kinds of people do need to do their say, and . . . . . show they don't have much knowledge about consumer laws.

In Europe we have strict European consumer laws.
You need to know what is the best way to follow and which legal things you can refer to in a complaint letter.
Despite the good intentions of others, please stop the bullshit.
The right way to deal with this is not in first place to go to your CC company or to contact the manufacturer.
You need to handle this of with the shop. Its the only party you have a purchase agreement with.
Also you should not contact multiple times with powerless words.
For every thing there is a right way to go.
Find direction. You should act how I have written.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 am
Posts: 15
Thank u totally missed your previous reply :thumbup:

BRM wrote:
Collect all important information, and the terms and conditions you bought this on.
(Can only find on their website a very minimized sumup. Probably when you went trough the payment system on their site they showed you more detailed terms? Have a copy of that.)

Find in your country a consumer organisation that can guide you.

or maybe there is a non-profit organisation for legal assistance
or maybe you have an Insurance for legal assistance coverage

They can tell you how to handle. What to do and what not.
Probably ONE well worked out letter to Starbike will solve the problem for you.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 12:25 pm
Posts: 24
I've just discovered star bike, looking to order a groupy, So unsure esp After hearing this. Any positive accounts?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 11:26 pm
Posts: 997
Have bought lots from them. Nil issues. (Few sets of wheels, saddle, seatpost, many small components)

_________________
Evo 5.02kg SL3 6.77 Slice RS 8.89 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Time for a new-look Time?

in Road

hamd

10

1697

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:40 pm

td100 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Time to build

in Road

Lukester

5

1154

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Lukester View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. TIME VXRS

in Road

Bely

8

1008

Fri May 26, 2017 5:33 pm

claus View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Time VXRS question

in Road

JJN

11

1274

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:25 am

JKolmo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Time RXRS Ulteam question?

in Road

laspariahs

4

425

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:47 am

laspariahs View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 3Pio, antonioiglesius, crn, Google Adsense [Bot], ohhyeok90 and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited