caad12, bb30a + hollowgram si

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

are

by are

I am getting a CAAD12 frameset. Instead of being at the mercy of my shop, this time I'm going to get the tools and knowledge to service the BB and crank myself. I'm planning to get Kogel bearings, use their suggested grease and the Enduro BRT-002. I will also need to get the Cannondale crank arm removal tool.

I have a HollowGram Si coming off a 2014 Cannondale. I need to check to make sure that I have all the small parts that I'll need for a bb30a frameset (washers, spacers, etc.) Even though it says SISL2 Road Crankset Instructions (http://cf-prd.cannondale.com/~/media/Fi ... 03T181633Z), this looks to be the right set of instructions/diagrams - is that right? If not, could someone point me to the right document?

Thanks

jlok

by jlok

I used that exact instruction to service the BB30a on CAAD12 Disc.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evan326

by evan326

Make sure you have the 109mm spindle instead of the 104mm.

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

If you follow the instructions exactly you should be fine. Grab some compressed air cans and when installing the axel blow the air on the axel first with the can upside down so the air is freezing cold. This will shrink the axel slightly enough to get it through the bearings and make sure the spacing on the axel is correct according to the directions. This method I thinks is better then smashing the axel with the hammer since the axel is kind of soft and has the threads in the ends which can get damaged with force....

evan326

by evan326

That's a pretty good idea with the canned air