Tune freehub

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

steelme

by steelme

I currently have a tune wheelset which i like to convert from shimano 10 speed to campagnolo 11 speed. Looking at the internet, i see that there are two freehub available. One is blue campagnolo freehub and thenother is red campagnolo freehub. I am not sure which one will fit my wheelset? Pls advice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

The red version is for hubs where the axle has a 15mm OD, and the blue for the 17mm OD.

steelme

by steelme

madcow wrote:The red version is for hubs where the axle has a 15mm OD, and the blue for the 17mm OD.

Thank you. I will be ordering the red one then.

ms6073

by ms6073

Doesn't the answer depend on which rear hub? For example I was under the impression that the older Tune Mag 150 hub with the red 10-speed freehub could not be converted to 11-speed.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

steelme

by steelme

ms6073 wrote:Doesn't the answer depend on which rear hub? For example I was under the impression that the older Tune Mag 150 hub with the red 10-speed freehub could not be converted to 11-speed.

Wouldn't the campagnolo freehub (red) accept 11 speed cassette? I want to make sure that it will work for my setup which is SR 11 speed groupset.

jih

by jih

steelme wrote:
ms6073 wrote:Doesn't the answer depend on which rear hub? For example I was under the impression that the older Tune Mag 150 hub with the red 10-speed freehub could not be converted to 11-speed.

Wouldn't the campagnolo freehub (red) accept 11 speed cassette? I want to make sure that it will work for my setup which is SR 11 speed groupset.

Campag didn't change the freehub specs between 9/10/11 speeds, so yes, any campag compatible freehub body that isn't 8 speed (which is ancient now) will work.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

You been riding Shimano too long.

steelme

by steelme

jih wrote:
steelme wrote:

Campag didn't change the freehub specs between 9/10/11 speeds, so yes, any campag compatible freehub body that isn't 8 speed (which is ancient now) will work.

I just ordered one from Starbike. Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com