Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tune freehub
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 9
I currently have a tune wheelset which i like to convert from shimano 10 speed to campagnolo 11 speed. Looking at the internet, i see that there are two freehub available. One is blue campagnolo freehub and thenother is red campagnolo freehub. I am not sure which one will fit my wheelset? Pls advice.


Top
   
 Post subject: Tune freehub
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:28 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Tune freehub
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
Shop Owner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:22 pm
Posts: 3726
Location: Tucson, Az.
The red version is for hubs where the axle has a 15mm OD, and the blue for the 17mm OD.

_________________
Fair Wheel Bikes

Fair Wheel Blog

Instagram


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tune freehub
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 9
madcow wrote:
The red version is for hubs where the axle has a 15mm OD, and the blue for the 17mm OD.



Thank you. I will be ordering the red one then.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tune freehub
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:56 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:24 pm
Posts: 2220
Location: Houston, Texas
Doesn't the answer depend on which rear hub? For example I was under the impression that the older Tune Mag 150 hub with the red 10-speed freehub could not be converted to 11-speed.

_________________
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tune freehub
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 9
ms6073 wrote:
Doesn't the answer depend on which rear hub? For example I was under the impression that the older Tune Mag 150 hub with the red 10-speed freehub could not be converted to 11-speed.



Wouldn't the campagnolo freehub (red) accept 11 speed cassette? I want to make sure that it will work for my setup which is SR 11 speed groupset.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tune freehub
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:54 pm
Posts: 63
steelme wrote:
ms6073 wrote:
Doesn't the answer depend on which rear hub? For example I was under the impression that the older Tune Mag 150 hub with the red 10-speed freehub could not be converted to 11-speed.



Wouldn't the campagnolo freehub (red) accept 11 speed cassette? I want to make sure that it will work for my setup which is SR 11 speed groupset.


Campag didn't change the freehub specs between 9/10/11 speeds, so yes, any campag compatible freehub body that isn't 8 speed (which is ancient now) will work.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tune freehub
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:25 am
Posts: 1468
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
ms6073 wrote:
Doesn't the answer depend on which rear hub? For example I was under the impression that the older Tune Mag 150 hub with the red 10-speed freehub could not be converted to 11-speed.


You been riding Shimano too long.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Tune freehub
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Tune freehub
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 9
jih wrote:
steelme wrote:
ms6073 wrote:
Doesn't the answer depend on which rear hub? For example I was under the impression that the older Tune Mag 150 hub with the red 10-speed freehub could not be converted to 11-speed.



Wouldn't the campagnolo freehub (red) accept 11 speed cassette? I want to make sure that it will work for my setup which is SR 11 speed groupset.


Campag didn't change the freehub specs between 9/10/11 speeds, so yes, any campag compatible freehub body that isn't 8 speed (which is ancient now) will work.


I just ordered one from Starbike. Thanks


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Sram XDR freehub

in Road

Nefarious86

2

198

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:20 am

jlok View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Campagnolo Freehub help

in Road

marco fan

8

783

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Madone69 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Mavic Freehub Bodies

in Road

Valbrona

6

769

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Mr.Gib View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Powertap G3 Freehub Question

in Road

calumfindlay

1

218

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:33 pm

calumfindlay View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Campagnolo Bora freehub grease

in Road

wedgie

3

287

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:23 am

Mackers View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Asmith, Bing [Bot], chris47, gangbang, Google [Bot], keith, ms6073, Yahoo [Bot] and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited