Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:23 pm 

Anyone know what changed on SR BB cups between 2011 and 2015?

Next question: aside any minor cosmetic and or milligram level differences, are they physically interchangeable?

I have 2012 Chorus BB cups (but with SR Power2Max crankset and thus CULT bearings so SR non-seal cups will be in fact 'correct'/OK).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:47 pm 

Those will be just fine. The only couple things are the early pressfit cups had a shallower flange and that in combination with poor installation techniques led to less than satisfactory results. They've since made the flange deeper and recommend a retaining compound on install. But I'm presuming your frame uses the threaded cups so you're good.
Also, if you're using EPS the newer cups have a lip that a sleeve fits onto to provide a barrier between the wires and the rotating spindle. Also, I think instead of making separate cups for SR (without seals), they include the seals which you can easily remove if you're running CULT bearings. That's about it as far as I know.

Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:47 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:29 pm 

Calnago wrote:
Those will be just fine. The only couple things are the early pressfit cups had a shallower flange and that in combination with poor installation techniques led to less than satisfactory results. They've since made the flange deeper and recommend a retaining compound on install. But I'm presuming your frame uses the threaded cups so you're good.
Also, if you're using EPS the newer cups have a lip that a sleeve fits onto to provide a barrier between the wires and the rotating spindle. Also, I think instead of making separate cups for SR (without seals), they include the seals which you can easily remove if you're running CULT bearings. That's about it as far as I know.

OK thanks, then I think I'll just get the old ones as they're available a lot cheaper.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:49 pm 

As long as they're threaded and not the old pressfit cups. If it's pressfit be sure to get the new ones.

Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR