Campagnolo UT SR BB Cups - difference between 2011 and 2015 versions?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RJKflyer

by RJKflyer

Anyone know what changed on SR BB cups between 2011 and 2015?

Next question: aside any minor cosmetic and or milligram level differences, are they physically interchangeable?

I have 2012 Chorus BB cups (but with SR Power2Max crankset and thus CULT bearings so SR non-seal cups will be in fact 'correct'/OK).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Those will be just fine. The only couple things are the early pressfit cups had a shallower flange and that in combination with poor installation techniques led to less than satisfactory results. They've since made the flange deeper and recommend a retaining compound on install. But I'm presuming your frame uses the threaded cups so you're good.
Also, if you're using EPS the newer cups have a lip that a sleeve fits onto to provide a barrier between the wires and the rotating spindle. Also, I think instead of making separate cups for SR (without seals), they include the seals which you can easily remove if you're running CULT bearings. That's about it as far as I know.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

RJKflyer

by RJKflyer

Calnago wrote:Those will be just fine. The only couple things are the early pressfit cups had a shallower flange and that in combination with poor installation techniques led to less than satisfactory results. They've since made the flange deeper and recommend a retaining compound on install. But I'm presuming your frame uses the threaded cups so you're good.
Also, if you're using EPS the newer cups have a lip that a sleeve fits onto to provide a barrier between the wires and the rotating spindle. Also, I think instead of making separate cups for SR (without seals), they include the seals which you can easily remove if you're running CULT bearings. That's about it as far as I know.

OK thanks, then I think I'll just get the old ones as they're available a lot cheaper.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

As long as they're threaded and not the old pressfit cups. If it's pressfit be sure to get the new ones.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ