Help me fix my CREAKING bb30 bottom bracket

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jobvisser

by jobvisser

is using retaining compound (loctite 609) good against creaks in an pf30 frame ?
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

If I were you, I would first confirm that the creak is due to the rear wheel and is gone. I test by holding the bike stationary then stepping on one pedal, hard. The frame may flex (this is normal), and the creak can show up then. The facepalm scenario is that you pull the BB apart, then realize there's already 609 applied, and that the creak isn't due to the BB.

And yes, from BRM's post on the first page, 609 + primer are recommended by Cannondale for PF30 installation. Also that article says Loctite 768 is recommended for cleaning off residue 609 (if previously applied).

jobvisser

by jobvisser

i am pretty sure it is my rear wheel .. there is lateral play on my mag 170 tune hub body . im going to try to fix that till then i will use my old easton or dt swiss wheels. i just want to know what to do when it is my BB so i can take all the tools with me on my holiday.
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

glepore

by glepore

Pf30. Wheels cups and enduro bearings plus 609 and you will be as good as it gets.angular contact if you preload them correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record