Summer gloves MAAP vs Q36.5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DeLuz

by DeLuz

I have some MAAP Pro Race Mitt but they have some problems.
The palm material which is the elastic interface pad has no shape to it and glove overall is very loose.
They are size medium and I am in between medium and small so maybe I need to size down.
Also they don't come very far down the wrist which makes them feel even looser.
I also have specialized dual gel gloves but hate them because the fingers are super tight even though are size medium and i don't have fat fingers.
Looking at Q36.5 Dottore Pro Summer Gloves. Looks like they come further down the wrist.
They don't have much padding, but I found my Castelli Perfetto Light long finger gloves also do not have much padding and work as well as the MAAP gloves. There is also the Q36.5 Unique gloves with the elactic interface pad but it looks like Q36.5 is phasing those out as they only them on sale and only XS.
Thanks for any feedback.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steveadore

by steveadore

DeLuz wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:23 pm
I have some MAAP Pro Race Mitt but they have some problems.
The palm material which is the elastic interface pad has no shape to it and glove overall is very loose.
They are size medium and I am in between medium and small so maybe I need to size down.
Also they don't come very far down the wrist which makes them feel even looser.
I also have specialized dual gel gloves but hate them because the fingers are super tight even though are size medium and i don't have fat fingers.
Looking at Q36.5 Dottore Pro Summer Gloves. Looks like they come further down the wrist.
They don't have much padding, but I found my Castelli Perfetto Light long finger gloves also do not have much padding and work as well as the MAAP gloves. There is also the Q36.5 Unique gloves with the elactic interface pad but it looks like Q36.5 is phasing those out as they only them on sale and only XS.
Thanks for any feedback.
I have the Unique and they are definitely quite loose (I even had to size down). XS might fit you. They are a bit too padded for my taste but quite good otherwise

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Wow, i have lots of gloves and by far this very MAAP is my favorite.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.