Campagnolo now made in China!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

ferrarista wrote:Other than the C60, most of the Colnago carbon frames are made in China.

My understanding is that it's Taiwan, not China.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I consider "Made in Taiwan" a mark of quality (excellent).
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

boysa

by boysa

Taiwan, yes. China, no.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

1spd

by 1spd

I have been caught up in the Made in Italy for years. And I have always felt like if it says Made in X, then that is where it should be made! In my little mind, I like to think that the made in label means that it was grown/produced, designed, assembled, and shipped from the made in location. But I completely realize that is not the case. Hell, even if you go and get a custom steel frame, custom motor cycle, car...the damn metal came from somewhere! I mean Lets say I have "X" builder make me a frame. I want stainless for the material. The builder is going to get his tubing from someone. He may have it custom drawn to his specs/liking but he didn't make the tubes. Hell even Burke gets his carbon fiber materials from someone!

So at the end of the day, the question is does it work? Hell people have been riding Shimano for years! They aren't throwing up their hands in discontent. The shit works! It's smooth right out of the box. Granted I have a Shimano drive train on my bike right now. I have ridden Campy since indexed shifting so this was different, but it was what I could afford and got me back out on the road. It works and I can ride! I'm not a fan of how the levers shift mind you, nor do I care for Sram (had to learn how to use it because to me it was more of a feel compared to both Campy and Shimano's, this lever does this and this one does that). None the less, I'm out on my bike.

Hell, I recently had a friend pick me up some carbon wheels while he was over there and I'm just waiting for them to get here so I can try them out and see if they will actually hold up for just normal riding (not racing anyway). We shall see.

But we as American's want a deal. So if it has been proven to work and I can get it cheap then so be it. Hell my Aluminum Synaps says "Hand Made in the USA" all over it!

It is disappointing tho and I hate that my little mind was blown that "Made in X" doesn't really mean what I grew up thinking it meant.
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

bikerjulio wrote:I consider "Made in Taiwan" a mark of quality (excellent).

That's correct.
Taiwan is the origin of bike pioneers. They have dedicated universities for this industry. They take pride in what they do with excellence and integrity.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

dj97223

by dj97223

A university for bicycles? Do tell.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Mockenrue wrote:
ferrarista wrote:Other than the C60, most of the Colnago carbon frames are made in China.

My understanding is that it's Taiwan, not China.

Taiwan is not part of China? :P
██

CampagnoloRules

by CampagnoloRules

As long as it is accessories like this carbon waterbottle cage, I don't have a problem with made in China. The carbon fiber accessories such as the optional spoiler and mirror covers for the Japanese-made Infiniti Q60 Coupe are made in China, for example, and their fit and finish is excellent.

csteenbe

by csteenbe

moonoi wrote:I find this attitude funny, to me the value isn't in where it's made

For me it is, I do not want Made in China, I want to keep my money for my concern in Europe. It is better for Europe companies to have their Production sites in Europe better for economics and heritage as you say...

But sadly a lot of consumer goods and so on come from the far east........

Joona

by Joona

It's just several Items.. check the the other components

3Pio

by 3Pio

Trying to help to a friend, and i'll use this thread.

He have Campagnolo Super Record Bottle Cage and Campagnolo 550ml bottles. He is trying to find 0.75ml bottles compatible with this cages. Tried Camelbak, does not work. Tried Elite, Does not work. So what 0.75ml bottles are compatible with this cage?

ferrarista

by ferrarista

3Pio wrote:Trying to help to a friend, and i'll use this thread.

He have Campagnolo Super Record Bottle Cage and Campagnolo 550ml bottles. He is trying to find 0.75ml bottles compatible with this cages. Tried Camelbak, does not work. Tried Elite, Does not work. So what 0.75ml bottles are compatible with this cage?

Did you know that Campagnolo has super record bottles in 750ml! By the way Campagnolo bottles are made by Elite.
██

3Pio

by 3Pio

ferrarista wrote:
3Pio wrote:Trying to help to a friend, and i'll use this thread.

Did you know that Campagnolo has super record bottles in 750ml! By the way Campagnolo bottles are made by Elite.

I think we solved his problem. BTW, did not know that Elite made bottles for Campagnolo, and im not sure what Elite bottles he tried and he is saying does not work :), but probably he'll try once more after ur reply :)

Problem solved

Thanks a lot

ferrarista

by ferrarista

No problem. Campy super record bottles are Elite jossa nova rebadged.
██

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BRM

by BRM

Probably Tacx bottles also work.
https://tacx.com/bottles/