5kg bike claimed as "Worlds Lightest Bike"...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Thanks Bugatti.. with your media marketing, you're really pulled the sheets over the eyes of the public. Luring high end car junkies into believing that you could only make the lightest bike in the world....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4360640/Bugatti-cars-releases-ultimate-superbike.html
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RussellS

by RussellS

The one chainstay and one seatstay are definitely unique. Wonder why they did not use a one legged Cannondale fork? I like this part though:

'The special bike is a piece of sports equipment which is not intended to be used on public roads,' according to the website. 

A bicycle that is not supposed to be ridden. Imagine that. Sort of like Bugatti cars. They are not actually driven.

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

"The bike is made of 95 per cent reinforced carbon and weighs just 5kg (11 pounds), making it the world's lightest bicycle"

I guess they've never read the Emonda SLR 10 press release 3 years ago.

"Meet Trek's latest road bike, the 10.25 Emonda SLR"

sungod

by sungod

the daily fail lives up to it's nickname

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Disgusting. How much for the Chiron bike rack btw, I doubt you could fit this in the boot

syplam

by syplam

oldnslow2 wrote:"The bike is made of 95 per cent reinforced carbon and weighs just 5kg (11 pounds), making it the world's lightest bicycle"

I guess they've never read the Emonda SLR 10 press release 3 years ago.

"Meet Trek's latest road bike, the 10.25 Emonda SLR"

For car owners with no knowledge of road bikes to brag in front of his other friends.

Ignorance is bliss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Embarrassing for Bugatti.....

Gehenna

by Gehenna

Disgusting that there is actually a market for this. I'm all for blowing 40k on bike stuff (provided you have the money to blow :P) but this is just obscene and deceitful. Never like Bugatti, all the more reason now.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Should be in the "Freaks" thread.

Miller

by Miller

$40k for a commuter bike, lol. Are those Lightweight wheels? Saddle and seatpost look familiar too.

Shows how most 'journalism' these days consists of brainlessly reprinting press releases.

Marin

by Marin

Whenever a bike company puts carbon tubs and a Clavicula on a bike it automatically becomes the world's lightest production bike, at least for the duration of the attention span given to the press release :D

SK5

by SK5

It has one brake . It costs 40 grand . It can't be ridden . :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moyboy

by moyboy

Or lord add this to the list of car manufactures selling bikes as accessories for the owners.....