Storck Aernario Platinum vs Colnago C60 vs Bianchi Speciallissima

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bryrene

by bryrene

Hi WW,

Anyone have experience riding all three model:

Storck Aernario Platinum: Less reviewed online but premium price
Colnago C60: Best of the Best Hand made frame with less weakness
Bianchi Speciallissima: BikeRadar: Won SuperBike of the year 2016

All seems to be much All-Rounder/Endurance Race bike geometry.

Maybe give us some insight which one would you buy (if you have the money) for and why?

Lets discuss away~~~ :D

lowside67

by lowside67

Bianchi classifies Speciallissima as a "racing" style bike and the geometry is virtually identical (reach/stack +/- 2mm in each size) to the XR4. It is definitely not quite race geometry in my opinion.

But I love that frame and want it in my life very badly!!!

Mark

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Am demoing an Aernario in a weeks time, interested in the geometry..... so a timely thread

bryrene

by bryrene

corky wrote:Am demoing an Aernario in a weeks time, interested in the geometry..... so a timely thread

Do love to hear review from you :)

Read from a review Aenario geometry is not for everyone. Not to sure if it true or not.

Side not, I just spoke to a bike fitter today and mentioned that Colnago C60 is not well optimised for asian?
Do you guys agree with this statement?

jekyll man

by jekyll man

lowside67 wrote:Bianchi classifies Speciallissima as a "racing" style bike and the geometry is virtually identical (reach/stack +/- 2mm in each size) to the XR4. It is definitely not quite race geometry in my opinion.

Mark

What makes you think it isnt race geometry? Its longer and lower than most equivalent mainstream brands (trek, giant etc).
From what i can see its practically the same (at least in smaller sizes) as the C60.
Its typical Italian geo- wont bite you by the balls when you're knackered, and stable.
From what i've read, the ride quality isn't great though. I'll stick with my oltre :)

I dont know how the Storck compares; geo has always been screwy, and its a case of either " i have one and i love it" or " i tried it, but it was all wrong"...
Official cafe stop tester

moonoi

by moonoi

bryrene wrote:
corky wrote:Am demoing an Aernario in a weeks time, interested in the geometry..... so a timely thread

Read from a review Aenario geometry is not for everyone. Not to sure if it true or not.

Side not, I just spoke to a bike fitter today and mentioned that Colnago C60 is not well optimised for asian?

As I live in Thailand, I can confidently say that this statement is rubbish.

guyc

by guyc

bryrene wrote:

I suggest getting a new bike fitter.

Like 'Asian' has one physique. FFS.

lowside67

by lowside67

jekyll man wrote:
lowside67 wrote:Bianchi classifies Speciallissima as a "racing" style bike and the geometry is virtually identical (reach/stack +/- 2mm in each size) to the XR4. It is definitely not quite race geometry in my opinion.

Mark

What makes you think it isnt race geometry? Its longer and lower than most equivalent mainstream brands (trek, giant etc).
From what i can see its practically the same (at least in smaller sizes) as the C60.
Its typical Italian geo- wont bite you by the balls when you're knackered, and stable.
From what i've read, the ride quality isn't great though. I'll stick with my oltre :)

I dont know how the Storck compares; geo has always been screwy, and its a case of either " i have one and i love it" or " i tried it, but it was all wrong"...

I actually intended to post the complete opposite... apparently I was tired last night. My point was with similar geometry to the XR4 it is hardly endurance oriented.

Cheers

kode54

by kode54

the Storck may fit you better if you have a longer torso and shorter legs. but really, these 3 bikes are not in the same category. the Storck is more of an aero bike. if that's what you're looking for, you should consider the Colnago aero...apples to apples.
like others have said...Asian fit is and shouldn't be an issue. you should fit any bike frame you want, given if they have small sizes if you're on the shorter side.

if you're looking for an all rounder...the Specialized Tarmac or Parlee Z5 (used) or Parlee Altum are great allrounder bikes...and most likely less stiff than an aero bike like the Storck you're looking at. the C60 is a great allrounder as well. all depends on what you want out of the bike and how tolerant you are with the stiffness level.
Last edited by kode54 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

gsindela

by gsindela

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but I think this is a common case of brand attraction. I can't comment on the specific models as I don't have specific knowledge thereof. But, it seems to me that all 3 have strong brand profiles that either attract you or not.

Full disclosure: I ride a Storck. Why? Can't really say other than I was attracted to the brand and the bike fit my needs.

FWIW: here is a pro review of the Storck. In a nutshell, they say it is very good and equally expensive. http://road.cc/content/review/115400-st ... -road-bike
2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post

morrisond

by morrisond

If you are looking at the C60 the better Storck comparo would be the New Fascenario 0.3.

They went to town on making it comfortable/aero and stiff.

It's more comfortable than an Aernario, much better Aero and sitffer in the BB.

It's Storck's top bike.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

I really don't think you will find many people who have ridden all 3 and can provide any meanigfull feedback from a comparative perspective. I really don't think you can go wrong with a choice like this and your decision would come down to 1. Fit - can you replicate your fit without needing a spacer tower or other compromise component wise. 2. Design Choices - things like BB standard, seat post size, brake mount, cable routing ect. Do you like what they have done with these? Will your existing components work? 3. Aesthetics - what do you like best? What will make you want to ride it? 4. Cost/Purchase - is one significantly cheaper, more accessible for demo or for purchase in your LBS. What will you have to do if you require a warranty or crash replacement?

I have a Stork Aernario in a size 57. I really like it. I'm not going to try and tell you it's the best of your choices that it's a sound choice if it works for you. I wouldn't call it an aero bike as another poster has, it has some aero styling but it certainly looks more traditional in terms of tubing than what I would class as an 'Aero' bike. Build quality is excellent, although I would recommend staying away from the matte paint, it is super tough to keep clean. I use a light polish to assist here. If you are using an electronic groupset it is slightly annoying they don't provide colour matched plugs for the mechanical routing. I used some white Sugru to fashion my own which wasn't expensive but something I don't think we should have to resort to. The ride is excellent, its firm but not jarring, it's agile and towards the fast handling end of the spectrum if thats your thing. I also find it stiff enough for me at the pointy end of races. I take it you have read the Cycling Tips review of the bike?

https://cyclingtips.com/2014/02/storck-aernario-review/

check6

by check6

I'll say this, after cracking my second Bianchi Infinito CV frame in less than two years, I'd be a bit cautious of that brand due to potential QC issues. I'm 178lbs and am very easy on my equipment. Add to it that they did not stand behind their product on the second frame failure. I'm not sure if the CV fiber is the issue or just my bad luck.

2old4this

by 2old4this

I would agree with the above comments on Storck; stiff (not to the point of uncomfortable), unusual geometry (I have very short legs), very good build quality. You may want to look at Fascinario, like the other commenter said; it is their new flagship.

I own three Storcks so needle to say, I like the brand. If I were you, I would still go to a bike fitter and see if Storck's geometry will work for you first.

bryrene

by bryrene

Fixie82 wrote:I really don't think you will find many people who have ridden all 3 and can provide any meanigfull feedback from a comparative perspective. I really don't think you can go wrong with a choice like this and your decision would come down to 1. Fit - can you replicate your fit without needing a spacer tower or other compromise component wise. 2. Design Choices - things like BB standard, seat post size, brake mount, cable routing ect. Do you like what they have done with these? Will your existing components work? 3. Aesthetics - what do you like best? What will make you want to ride it? 4. Cost/Purchase - is one significantly cheaper, more accessible for demo or for purchase in your LBS. What will you have to do if you require a warranty or crash replacement?

I have a Stork Aernario in a size 57. I really like it. I'm not going to try and tell you it's the best of your choices that it's a sound choice if it works for you. I wouldn't call it an aero bike as another poster has, it has some aero styling but it certainly looks more traditional in terms of tubing than what I would class as an 'Aero' bike. Build quality is excellent, although I would recommend staying away from the matte paint, it is super tough to keep clean. I use a light polish to assist here. If you are using an electronic groupset it is slightly annoying they don't provide colour matched plugs for the mechanical routing. I used some white Sugru to fashion my own which wasn't expensive but something I don't think we should have to resort to. The ride is excellent, its firm but not jarring, it's agile and towards the fast handling end of the spectrum if thats your thing. I also find it stiff enough for me at the pointy end of races. I take it you have read the Cycling Tips review of the bike?

https://cyclingtips.com/2014/02/storck-aernario-review/

Looking at the geometry it seems that Aernario suited for slightly aero compared to the longer head tube which appear to be more upright position on Fascenario?

Honestly, looking at Storck is almost looking like Canyon bike. Simple, standard color and geometry almost look the same.
Canyon also create all-rounder. however, the price is a huge different.

Thanks again for the input!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com